Electrostatic Painting Equipment Etc - Specialty Coatings - Contractor Talk

Electrostatic Painting Equipment Etc

Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #1

Trade: excavating/water treatment
Rewards Points: 10

Electrostatic Painting Equipment Etc

Im looking to expand my construction business into the electrostatic painting field and im looking for a few pointers. Specifically im looking to electrostatically paint school lockers. After speaking with some representatives in my area, I have been turned on to the Corotech v260 line which is a 1 component allkyd direct out of can with no need to adjust polarity. This product would be used as an alternative to a 2 part polyamide epoxy. Anyone out there familiar with this product?
Secondly, after a fair amount of research I understand the Ransburg number 2 electrostatic system is best at achieving "wrap" and control of overspray. Ransburg advertises a 95% plus transfer rate. What are some quailty alternative systems? I have seen Graco systems 40KV,60KV,85KV available with pressure pots, how are the transfer rates on those types of systems? Is anyone using them? I feel the ransburg kit will give the best results, but that would be the system i would like to move up to if business is solid seeing that is it a little on the pricey side.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #2

Trade: Painting
Rewards Points: 30

Re: Electrostatic Painting Equipment Etc

Ransburg has the exclusive on the number 2 system and for indoor applications is about as top of the line as you can get. Pressure pot systems ect would require a fair amount more of taping and masking due to using air for atomization. Graco system transfer rate will be closer to 85 - 90% I used a number 2 unit their by far the most effective at transferring paint.

http://www.pittsburghsprayequip.com

Advertisement

Old 09-11-2016, 06:22 AM   #3
Java Painting

Trade: Painting and Restoration
Rewards Points: 12

My best friend give this for free im painter but i never use this can somebody help me to know for what is this ?

is exactly the same but comes with big hoses and more things

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graco-Presid...MAAOSw8aNXGkUA
Old 01-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #4

Trade: Electrostatic Painting

Electrostatic is alive and well but also relatively unknown..there use to be an nationwide company that did it with satellite offices all over but alas now alot of the old cowboys are dying out. The demand is still there both commercially and high end residential. Its a specialty niche market and the cost is prohibitive, electrostatic refinishing can get 30 dollars or more per linear foot so one big job can pay for the high cost as can many smaller jobs. You better know what the heck your doing as your entering the final frontier of painting onsite!
your definitely not limited to metal and most paints can be adjusted to spray electrostatic.
coronado's 1 part enamel is excellent, so is sumter's epoxy and the best of them imo is accessa's perfection electrostatic line. Electrostatic is also how powdercoat is applied in addition to a tribo or fiction gun, the major difference with electrostatic wet is the coatings cure in ambient temperature and can rival or exceed in terms of durability.