Modern Type French Drain

Old 08-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #1

Trade: Field Super
Rewards Points: 29

Modern Type French Drain

Does anyone know where i can buy "waterguard" perimeter drains. The company "basement systems" uses it as a type of french drain system to existing basements with water problems. Its essentially a metal conduit that is catching any water that may pour through the foundation wall and channelling it to a sump barrel that then pumps it out.

Easy enough to find a sump system and pump but i have searched the net but i can't find this Water-guard conduit they use. Is it proprietary?? Some body must make it?

Thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #2
Retired Contractor

Trade: Plumber
Rewards Points: 75

Re: Modern Type French Drain

Here's a link http://www.basementsystems.com/basem...waterguard.php

You can also use 3" sched 40 PVC with holes you drill into it. Then you use 2 different size stone. A larger size all around the pipe (like 3A) then pea gravel over the top. If your going to cement over the top, apply foam insulation over the gravel - otherwise the fresh cement top coat will wick up water from under the gravel and it will not dry and cure correctly. Leave a 1/2" gap between the new patch and the existing wall so the water can get to the pipe and gravel below.

Last edited by Pete M; 08-03-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #3

Trade: Field Super
Rewards Points: 29

Re: Modern Type French Drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete M View Post
Here's a link http://www.basementsystems.com/basem...waterguard.php

You can also use 3" sched 40 PVC with holes you drill into it. Then you use 2 different size stone. A larger size all around the pipe (like 3A) then pea gravel over the top. If your going to cement over the top, apply foam insulation over the gravel - otherwise the fresh cement top coat will wick up water from under the gravel and it will not dry and cure correctly. Leave a 1/2" gap between the new patch and the existing wall so the water can get to the pipe and gravel below.
Thanks for this. I just talked to Basement systems and it is there patented product so either i have to have them do it or follow your alternate method.

Thanks