Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

help w/ water damage claim

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  masterk 
#1 ·
Hello. I need advice with an claim issue.

I installed an angle stop (according to manufacturer's instructions) that leaked and caused some water damage, roughly $1700.00 worth of damage. After inspecting the angle stop i notice a hairline crack in it. I send it to the manufacturer and they determined it was a faulty angle stop. They offered me $250.00 to settle the claim. Obviously, that price is significantly less that the damage claim. However, the manufacturer refused to back the product's warrenty and pay the total claim.

Should the plumbing supply house back faulty product they sold to me if the manufacturer won't?

What can i legally do?

Thanks.

josh

#2 ·
Hello Josh,I haven't come across this myself,thank god,but contractor talk has a plumbing forum now,scroll to the bottom of this page and you'll see plumbers forum,click on that,and join our forum if you like .There's a good chance one of the guys over there have had this happen,though it's hard to top the professionals over here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.