Brick Wall Renovation Or Coverup

Old 05-25-2009, 08:26 AM   #1

Trade: general residential
Rewards Points: 10

Brick Wall Renovation Or Coverup

I have a project in Madison Indiana that needs some serious attention. It is the side of a building which is a brick wall that is 40' tall by 120, long. A young artist was commissioned to paint a extremely large mural on the entire wall. At some time ago, maybe 15 years some one stuccoed the wall with a cementisous product, probably with cement mortar and sand mix. The stucco is loose and falling off. The application was simply to trowel on the stucco in 2 coats. The brick are soft and detraining. I can only think of a few solutions which are. Mechanically fasten wire and expansion bars then apply a true stucco mix, Fasten 2x4 to the wall then apply marine grade plywood or a smooth metal siding or the dryvit system. Patching the wall with the same existing system does not seem practical because the other one failed. The young artist is the daughter of close friend whom I'm trying to help. I live 2.5 hrs north and am a General Contractor with several years experience in the Masonry and Carpenter trades. Iím just searching for something I may have missed your professional input would be much appreciated, Thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!