Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Pool & Lanai Dilema

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jamcojay 
#1 ·
Greetings all,

Hope I am in the right spot, I just purchase a home with a lanai area of about 700 sf. I am in Florida, The lanai is adjacent to our pool but we have a cage that seperates the pool and lanai from one another The lanai is covered and guttered, I am still getting a good deal of flooding in the lanai area on rainy days. The pool pitch is a solid 10 degree slope pushing out from the pool to the yard and our lanai. The lanai was covered on a slick non pores porclin tile that I had taken up. The was a 15 degree pitch that sloped torwards the house rater than away. I don't know exactly what it is now since the tile has been removed.

I would like to float it out with a deco drain cut in at the base of the house, My question is how to cretae a double drain pitch so the deco drains from both ends of the lanai, and whats the proper way to decrease the sloap that remains stagnent at the base of the house. Should i deco the center of the lanai and pitch the sloap on each side to the center or should I leave the pitch the same and put the deco at the base of the house, were doing just a regular knockdown finish

I hope ya understand my rambling

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.