Icynene Or Lapolla Open Cell

Old 12-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #1

Trade: General construction & Remodeling
Rewards Points: 10

Icynene Or Lapolla Open Cell

Thinking of doing my own house in spray foam. Underside of roof deck and rim joist only. Got similiar quotes for icynene and lapolla open cell .5 lb product. Interested in the positives and negatives some of you may have encountered. Can't afford the closed cell product but house is not insulated very well and drafty. Expecting the srapy foam will find those drafty spots and seal things up better.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 12-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
Sean

Trade: In Between Titles
Rewards Points: 2,110

Re: Icynene Or Lapolla Open Cell

Personally - that's a very bad idea, but without your location (hint, hint - profile), specifics, what your goals are, etc... it is hard to answer. You need to start by pulling a search here about closed cell foam, open cell, roof decks, etc... You have a lot of reading to do

I know of a few threads I participated in where I mentioned Demilic in them (if you use the advanced search feature) which will also have a lot of other resources listed in them.