Titan 880 Sprayer

Old 09-07-2008, 10:00 PM   #1

Trade: Painter
Rewards Points: 10

Titan 880 Sprayer

I am thinking of buying another sprayer from a retired contractor, it is a Titan Epic 880 sprayer. From what i know of this sprayer he bought this 15 years ago used. He only used this to paint metal roofs.He was a roof contractor, So prolly only used it from time to time. I already have a small graco pump(395st)for smaller jobs but am in need of something a little bigger. This Titan pump is a highboy w/a 100 ft. of hose and a gun w/ a few tips(prolly worn out tips)My questions are :
1. What would be a good offer to make him for the pump(considering it pumps ok still ,which he says it does)
2. Can i still get parts for these if say the packings would go out,or anything else
3.Is this pump big enough to spray dry fall,or block fill, and would it handle 2 guns
4.And any other info anybody might know on these pumps
For some reason i can't find any info on these pumps, so any input is appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jltpainter; 09-08-2008 at 01:21 AM.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: carpentry
Rewards Points: 150

Re: Titan 880 Sprayer

i had one given to me. i don't know if they can still get them but i got a rebuild kit from sherwin-williams. i don't use it much, but when i have it has worked great.you need to keep the oil to it and keep it clean, the guy that got mad at it and gave it to me asked if i would let him have it back, after i cleaned it all out. he liked it better than the one he got from homecheapo. good luck with it.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #3

Update..... I bought this sparayer and it works great .It has two on and off switches.Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #4

Trade: painting contractor(semi retired)
Rewards Points: 25

I had an 880, but it was back in the mid 1980's. Haven't seen or heard of one since. It was a great machine. I even hollowed out a tip and sprayed block filler on a fire wall. I'd be sure you can get parts and service for it. Try to find out how old it is. You could run 2 guns at the same time at least mind could. Let us know how this comes out. gl, p-dude
Old 09-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #5

I think this one will run two guns also. I ended up getting this for $200. It has 100 ft. of hose and a 6ft. extension pole. The guy that owned it only used it to spray on that aluminum roof coating and always kept kerosene in it. I will update if i can find the parts. Thanks for the imput guys.

Tags
sprayer, sprayers, spraying, titan, titan sprayers