Steel Pole Barn Pricing.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Painter
Rewards Points: 570

Steel Pole Barn Pricing.

Just for kicks, I am pricing a steel pole barn. The barn is 20 years old, the siding is chalked. The barn is 24x40. The sides are 8' high and the front and back are about 11' high. There is one overhead door to paint and one service door (casing is in bad shape, paint failing). The fascia around the top is dark brown and will be painted white. The rest of the building is a light brown and will be painted a light tan. The siding is vertically ribbed with the ribs space 7" apart or so. I am thinking brushing it, since the ribbed areas might might make it difficult to get good coverage with a sprayer (I do not spray exteriors, but this one would be a potential candidate for it)

I am figuring two coats of acrylic DTM Benjamin Moore paint on the body and three coats on the fascia. The prep will be powerwashing, there is no rust to contend with. How would you guys price it?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
painterofeverything

Trade: residential painter
Rewards Points: 250

Re: Steel Pole Barn Pricing.

do not brush this one dean !! spray it for sure I just did two with devoe dtm satin turned out awesome shot it with a .415just angle your wrist slightly in the direction of the ribs...easy then brush the trim out....sounds about 3 days to me....and maybe one five for the walls and 2 singles for the doors and trim ...

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
Pro

They just put a new roof on it, how much masking to keep all overspray off of it?

Old 06-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
painterofeverything

you have two choices,1 use a spray shield or 2 angle the gun properly...(if I were you I would go for the spray shield,but be warned it will load up with paint very fast so keep a bucket and a rag to wipe it off on ,make sure you dry it off before each use ..... good luck !
Old 06-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #5
painterofeverything

Dean,wondering what happened and how it went ...any news ?
Old 06-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
painterofeverything

come on dean...answer !!!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:34 PM   #7
Pro

Sorry Jeff. I priced it at $1265. I am going to spray this one, I figure if I am ever going to spray and exterior, a metal pole barn is the prime candidate for it. I will fit it in sometime this later summer.

Advertisement