Sherwin Williams Loxon XP

Old 08-08-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Founder of Contractor Talk
Rewards Points: 2,000

Sherwin Williams Loxon XP

Has anyone used Sherwin Williams Loxon XP yet?

I took a tour of the Sherwin Williams plant in Orlando last week and they were making some pretty huge claims about this product.
Streches 350% to bridge cracks like elastomerics but it breathes and doesn't fade or attract dirt like elastomerics do.

Just wanted to see if anyone was using this product. If you are using this... how do you apply it? How many coats, what primer (if any), and how thick do you put it on? I think they said it needed to be applied at 15 mils and then dries to 7 mils in one coat.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 08-08-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
Pro Painter

Trade: Painting Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,000

Re: Sherwin Williams Loxon XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
Has anyone used Sherwin Williams Loxon XP yet?

I took a tour of the Sherwin Williams plant in Orlando last week and they were making some pretty huge claims about this product.
Streches 350% to bridge cracks like elastomerics but it breathes and doesn't fade or attract dirt like elastomerics do.

Just wanted to see if anyone was using this product. If you are using this... how do you apply it? How many coats, what primer (if any), and how thick do you put it on? I think they said it needed to be applied at 15 mils and then dries to 7 mils in one coat.
Yeah, Loxon is good stuff! :Thumbs: It's mainly used for masonry/stucco...Used it at another company in new construction. We applied the Loxon concrete conditioner 7 days after it's put up, and painted right over it without even having to wait for the concrete to cure. Their official coating systems catalog recommends two topcoats, but we only used one....sprayed and backrolled. Always had good results with it too...

Old 08-08-2005, 09:40 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: plumbing and heating
Rewards Points: 250

AA, would that Loxon be good for a basement (cement)floor?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:45 PM   #4
Pro

I've used Loxon for a while... but Loxon XP is new and very different than the old Loxon.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
Old 08-08-2005, 09:53 PM   #5
Pro Painter

Doh, in my zeal to respond my pea brain failed to hear anything but "loxon"....hmm! I honestly can't say I've used the new stuff, but I hear good things allready...
Old 08-08-2005, 10:00 PM   #6
Pro

If applied as SW tells you to, it actually qualifies as a Water Proofing system that Sherwin Williams backs up. Since I'm down here in Florida thats a great promise to be able to make!

Old 08-08-2005, 10:03 PM   #7
Pro Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumguy
AA, would that Loxon be good for a basement (cement)floor?
No, I wouldn't use this on a basement floor. I'd be looking into something like ArmorSeal® 1K Waterbased Urethane Floor Enamel...but you've gotta have a dry slab. Or ArmorSeal 1K TreadPlex Waterbased Acrylic so it can breathe a little....If the slab is wet and you're trying to seal it, then it's over my head, heh!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #8
Pro

Trade: plumbing and heating
Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPaint
No, I wouldn't use this on a basement floor. I'd be looking into something like ArmorSeal® 1K Waterbased Urethane Floor Enamel...but you've gotta have a dry slab. Or ArmorSeal 1K TreadPlex Waterbased Acrylic so it can breathe a little....If the slab is wet and you're trying to seal it, then it's over my head, heh!
No, it's dry! and thanks for info. :Thumbs: