Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Need help painting carpet

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Workaholic 
#1 · (Edited)
Need help spraying doors

Question about spraying doors -

I finally upgraded to a titan advantage from a little graco handheld that I used for the occasional door or two and so im doing these doors (recoat), prepped them by filling in any dings, lightly sanding with fine grain, dusting, then sprayed them, but I'm getting these little micro bubbles in the paint! So I let it dry, sanded them again, dusted, turned down the pressure some more, and the bubbles were still there! I'm not sure what's up. The tip is brand new. I'm sure it's user error, since I have limited experience with these bigger pumps.

Im using a 310 RAC X FFT, devoe something something semi-gloss, Titan Advantage, graco contractor gun. Is it a pressure thing or am I totally off the mark?

I'm at a loss and I have 10+ doors and tons of trim to do, so I'd really appreciate any help/pointers/etc. Thanks.

#2 ·
Try applying it with a brush and see if it is the paint itself. I've had it happen, the conclusion was that the paint lacked an anti foaming ingredient at least that was my conclusion, it was called Para paints and when I brought back the near empty can and complained he said Oh there's nothing we can do about that, don't you want to test it I said, It could be the whole batch, and I never heard from them again 'cause I don't shop at dirt bags store. :thumbup:

#5 ·
What door did you start with when you noticed the "micro bubbles"? Sounds like it can be a contaminate on the door and that is why I asked what you started with such as a bathroom door with hair spray on it.

What steps besides filling in the dings and sanding did you do to prep the doors for paint? Did you wipe them off?

Have you tried putting a little paint on something else to see if it still has the defect?

The tip size is what I use and that pump should have no problems with it, put the pressure just high enough so it does not create trails, a nice even fan is best when you have that run with it.

Pics would help for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.