My Experiences With Painters Nails

Old 11-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: Repairs & Finishing
Rewards Points: 934

My Experiences With Painters Nails

Many of us have had them. Constantly picking away with our fingernails. Mine split, and go beyond irritation when I lay down masking, that is a given during intense periods from constantly picking away for a beginning at removal. Lately some even starting bending backwards from weakness.

I've put up with this on-and-off for years. Until finally, recently, I decided to chat with my doctor down at the local CVS... Biotin, he said.

I tried. Fast forward a week, and my nails are actually hardening! The splits repairing with new ridgey shells.

Note: Use solely at your own risk. For the purposes of this post, I am not making any recommendation for ingesting biotin which is off the shelf. Only sharing in my experience.

Last edited by artinall; 11-20-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2017, 11:59 AM   #2

Trade: Painter
Rewards Points: 32

Re: My Experiences With Painters Nails

Interesting thread. Although I don't have the problem with splitting that you have, artinall, I am a chronic finger nail biter. I don't know why, but I've been doing it since I was 4 or 5. That in itself presents problems when I'm doing wallpaper removal or something where my hands are wet all day. The open areas around my nails start to hurt. I guess the answer is to quit biting my fingernails, but, after 50 years, it's just become a part of what I do.......

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Repairs & Finishing
Rewards Points: 934

Re: My Experiences With Painters Nails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe View Post
Interesting thread. Although I don't have the problem with splitting that you have, artinall, I am a chronic finger nail biter. I don't know why, but I've been doing it since I was 4 or 5. That in itself presents problems when I'm doing wallpaper removal or something where my hands are wet all day. The open areas around my nails start to hurt. I guess the answer is to quit biting my fingernails, but, after 50 years, it's just become a part of what I do.......

Maybe that helps you do what you do...

Last edited by artinall; 11-20-2017 at 03:13 PM.