Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Insurance work?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Joewho 
#1 ·
Just a quick question have never done work for Insurance comp. before, Just wondering what others think? How cheap are they, do they get u the money that they owe to you and a timiely mannor and is it worth your time doing this kind of work. Have 3 staining jobs of cedar fences they need done asap. I'm extremely busy right now but if there worth my time I will find a way to take care of them. It could make for some more business in the future. Just trying to get others opinions on what I should expect when doing insurance jobs?

Thanks,

#2 ·
My experience is that insurance companies are cheaper than cheap. They pay only for the specific damage done, not making the customer "whole". For example, if 1 piece of siding was damaged, that's all they pay for-- not repainting the entire side of the house.

On top of that, they have set rates that they will pay, and those rates are dirt cheap.

I once had a customer who was offered $200 by the insurance company to repair the hail damage to her siding. My materials were going to cost more than that.

Brian Phillips

#3 ·
Kind of what I figured. Just trying to get ideas to what to expect. Have never done any work for insurance companys. Just got a call today and they need some work done asap. Which I am extremly busy but prolly could fit them some where in my schedule if worth it and My bus. is pretty new so all the work i can get i usually like if they are worth it. Guess I will see when I talk to him 2morrow. Do they usually pay when they say they will?

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.