Do It Best "Best Look" Paint

Old 02-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Remodel/Glazing
Rewards Points: 2,174

Do It Best "Best Look" Paint

I know that the Do It Best paints are made my Sherwin Williams, but I can't find anything on the web about what regular line it comes from. Does anybody know. I used it this summer on both stucco and wood siding over primer and I like the way it goes on and seems pretty predictable.

The main reason I use it instead of the "name" brand stuff is because it is an hour trip to the paint store and like I said I like the way it goes on. Anyway, what Sherwin-Williams product is it based on? This season I didn't provide paint, but this season I will be and so I will be on the hook for any problems.

Do you use it, or should I just suck it up and get the actual SW paint?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 02-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
Professional Tradesman

Trade: Painting-Wallcoverings-Drywall-Carpentry
Rewards Points: 250
Send a message via Yahoo to GPI

Re: Do It Best "Best Look" Paint

Never heard of it, it may be remnant materials, no line specific.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Masonry consultant
Rewards Points: 2,114

Do It Best does have some buying power and it may be a SW paint altered to their standards or it may just be a rebranded so Do It Best can have their name on the label. Buick does it when they import some Opel models and put their name badges on them.

It is quite easy for a manufacturer to modify a paint batch and put whatever label a retailer wants on the can.

Apparently, you are happy with the application and only time will tell about the life.

Engineer, designer and consultant recently active domestically and internationally on construction and design in about 40 countries.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Remodel/Glazing
Rewards Points: 2,174

I ended up calling the local store and they told me it was SW SuperPaint. Sounds good to me, as it saves me a long trip.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Electrical & Carpentry
Rewards Points: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinylHanger View Post
I ended up calling the local store and they told me it was SW SuperPaint. Sounds good to me, as it saves me a long trip.
My Local store told me the same & it seems to be good paint & also save me a trip.................
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmike For This Useful Post:
VinylHanger (02-22-2012)