Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Anyone use Estimate Works Paint Pro 4 software?

5K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  AAPaint 
#1 ·
There was a thread going around about painting estimator software and this Estimate Works Paint Pro 4 software looked like the best one out of the 3 or 4 mentioned...

--Anyone currently using this software and how is it...It looks solid and I am interested in some feedback to aid in buying this program in the near future...

Thanks

#7 ·
There was a thread going around about painting estimator software and this Estimate Works Paint Pro 4 software looked like the best one out of the 3 or 4 mentioned...

--Anyone currently using this software and how is it...It looks solid and I am interested in some feedback to aid in buying this program in the near future...

Thanks
Its very easy to add your production rates, in unit pricing. It also links with word. Its a nice progam for residential. We use it.

#11 · (Edited)
Hey man....this program is great for me. I am testing a newer version that works IN microsoft word now, and it just keeps getting better. If you know your production rates, it's not hard to adapt to.

Here's how I use it. I put in my production rates for the coating. I do my coatings as "SW Super Paint - Stucco siding" then I'll have another for "SW Super Paint - Wood lap siding" etc. These definitions are the most labor intense part of using the program, but they are easy to input on the fly as well for stuff you haven't estimated yet.

Once you have those, you put in your cost per gallon (with markup), your hourly production rate, your company hourly rate, and it will give you a number per sq. ft. of surface for each item. It does trim in lin. ft. etc. It will calculate cost overall, add a setup/cleanup factor for you, taxes, etc. and print it all in a nice format. EDIT: Forgot, you also put in the coverage rate for each paint and it calculates how many gallons as well.

Overall, for me it makes it easy to put in your measurements and spit out an estimate quickly in a nice format.

I highly recommend the program if for NOTHING else than to help you put your info into a neat format quickly. You can literally have an estimate done in minutes once you have basic rates for everything in there.

Bang for your buck - You will not find a better, more complete method of estimating for the price. Period. You can take my word for it, I've beta tested about 3 versions of this software now and I've owned almost all the others as well.

Forgot to mention, the program also gives you detailed specs on the project you can print as well as work orders that print directly from your input. I am using these now with my guys in the field. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

As with any estimating software, it's a good idea to check the number it comes up with at the end each time. There are always factors you need to account for that it may not like difficulties, but there is a way to put in a "one time fee" or an "extra". The list of extras can be pre-defined to add a specific charge for say a pressure wash etc.

When all is said and done, on the total page you can adjust the price up or down by a factored percentage (you set the factor elsewhere in the program) with the click of a mouse if the number isn't sounding right, or if say, you are discounting 10%. The only thing with this is I can't get it to print a discount amount under subtotals which would be nice.

#12 ·
wow AA, thanks a bunch for all the details...I also realized that this program is bounds and leaps above others, that's why I'm even considering it

--when deciding to purchase something new, it's nice to get input..but it's even more reasuring to get a thorough testimonial...

thanks again...when I get it, because I most likely will, I'll be pm-ing you I'm sure :thumbsup:

#17 ·
I use the same program too... I am also testing their new bata program that works with word... there programs get better but the dont jack their prices up...

Just so I dont have to type a long page... whatever AA said I agree 100%... nice program... YES you do need to spend a little time with it to load your OWN production rates and terms etc... once that is done.. you can produce a nice formated estimate very quickly...

I was using the PEP program for awhile and really liked that program... however... I have gone mobil for my estimates so I would of had to buy the PEP program again for 10x's what I originally paid for it... and then maintenace fees on top of that... no thanks! its not worth the money...

as far as the Paint Pro software... YES!! it is worth every penny.... once all your data is entered... all you need to do is type in your customers name and address... after that its all point and click... save.. print...

I have done about 12 mobil estimates so far with this program... I have sold every single job... they sign the contract before I leave their house... they were very impressed too...

While they are reading all the information I put together about my company and the benifits I offer...I call it the "Silent Sales Man" I am in my truck printing the estimate... by the time they are done going through the info. I am done with the estimate...

#18 ·

5291 Collins Rd. #337
Jacksonville, FL 32244
Phone: (904)622-8466 Fax: (866)338-7926
Date: March 01, 2007
Proposal #: 95​

Estimator: Adam Austin​
Client:

Mrs. Customer
Home Phone: 904-555-5555
123 Your St.
Work Phone:
Jacksonville, FL 32210
Cell: 904-555-5555
Email: customer@comcast.net
Fax:

Re: Exterior Paint/Stain for 123 Your St., Jacksonville FL

In regards to the single family home at the above referenced property, AA Quality Painting & Pressure Washing LLC will provide the necessary labor and/or materials to prepare, prime and paint/stain the exterior as detailed below.

Detailed Project Specifications:

Retaining Walls
2 coat(s) of Stucco exterior, SW Super Paint.

Exterior Wall

Exterior Wall

Exterior Wall
1 ea. Exterior 6 Panel door - 2 coat(s).
2 ea. Exterior 1 car garage door, frame, and trim - 2 coat(s).

Exterior Wall

Soffit Area
2 coat(s) 12" soffit - SW Super Paint.
2 coat(s) 12" soffit - SW Super Paint.
2 coat(s) of Wood Siding - Sherwin Williams Super Paint Latex.

Chimney

Driveway gate columns
2 coat(s) of Stucco exterior, SW Super Paint

Items specifically included:

·Tarps, poly and coverings.
·Miscellaneous repairs.
·All necessary labor as required to complete the scope of work outlined in this contract.
·All necessary materials including paints, primers, stains, sealers, caulk, putty, rags, roller naps, and any other materials or tools necessary to complete the scope of work outlined in this contract.
·Trim painted.
·Door frames painted.
·Surface preparation.
·As a standard procedure, our company will provide you with a kit that will contain a labeled portion of each paint/color for future touch ups.
·Paint used will be Sherwin Williams Super Paint exterior in a flat sheen. This is a 25 year warranty paint we apply to manufacturer specifications in two coats. It gives a beautiful, lasting finish on exterior surfaces that we have come to rely on.

Items specifically excluded:

Trimming bushes/shrubs as needed for painting. All plants will need to be trimmed to allow for proper painting against the building and along retaining walls.

Included Warranty Period:

AA Quality Painting & Pressure Washing LLC warrants labor and materials for a period of 2 Year Guarantee against defects in the quality of our workmanship.. Responsibility is limited to the supply of labor and materials to correct the defective condition.

This warranty specifically excludes damages caused by accident/abuse, weather conditions such as temperature changes or excessive moisture, defective building materials or faulty workmanship by others.

Preparation:

·Unless otherwise noted, surfaces to be re-painted/stained will be power washed with a pressure washer and mildewcide prior to preparation.
·Peeling areas will be scraped and sanded to provide a smooth surface for painting.
·Wood cracks and joints will be sealed with a paint-grade caulking.
·Areas will be protected with drop-clothes as required to prevent damage from over-spray or paint spatters.
·Caulk used will be Sherwin Williams 1100A 55 year siliconized latex caulk.
·Windows and doors will be re-caulked as necessary to prevent weather and insect penetration. Areas of failing caulk will be cut out and removed, not simply caulked over.
·We will treat most exterior surfaces with a tsp, bleach, and detergent solution for cleaning. TSP and the detergent will help loosen surface soil, and the bleach will kill any mold. Any areas that require it will be hand scrubbed to help remove dirt and mold as necessary. Hand scrubbing is the only way to fully remove mold spores on exterior surfaces. Pressure washing alone is not sufficient, and too much pressure forces water into substrates like wood, concrete, etc. The solutions we use are not harmful to surrounding plants, shrubs, etc. when used properly.
·

Colors:

·Colors must be chosen 1 week prior to start date.
·Custom colors and/or color matching can be provided at extra charge.
·Choice of color may affect the number of coats required for adequate coverage. If beyond the scope of work specified above a Change Order may be required.

Change Orders:

Work crews are not authorized to complete work beyond the detailed specifications above without a written and signed change order. Please contact our office for an estimate on any additional work.

Cost:

All of the above work to be completed in a workmanlike manner for the sum of:

Exterior Painting $8,952.61

*Costs do not include taxes where applicable.

Payment Schedule:

Payments can be made to our office or job foreman by cash, check or money order on the dates specified below:
First draw:
$2,954.36
Due: This payment is required as a deposit to be put on our schedule. Deposits must be received immediately to reserve a spot on our schedule. Please remember our scheduling is on a first come, first serve basis. Due to high demand, we can not guarantee a spot on our schedule without your deposit. This payment is used to cover all materials for the entire project, and the initial labor on our part.

Second draw:
$2,954.36
Due: This payment is due after completion of all prep work as outlined in this proposal, or at a halfway point to be determined by the job supervisor from our company. For all projects, second payment will be due no later than 7 calendar days after the commencement of work.

Final draw:
$3,043.89
Due: This payment is due immediately upon substantial completion of the scope of work as outlined in this proposal. At time of completion a walk-through will be performed with the customer. Any defects, touch ups, and ONE final “bump” are included as part of this contract. These items will be addressed at this time, but shall not delay this final payment.

Acceptance:

The undersigned proposes to furnish materials and labor to complete the work mentioned above, for the amount in said proposal, and according to the terms thereof:
Adam Austin (Project Estimator): _______________________________

Dated and Signed: _______________________________

I acknowledge and accept the terms and conditions of this proposal.

Mrs. CUSTOMER (Client): _______________________________

Dated and Signed: _______________________________
Ok guys. Here is a recent one I did. There is an important factor I forgot to mention with the new version. Unlike the older versions, this one uses templates for interior/exterior contracts etc. The beauty of this is that you can edit the templates so that specific things you want included like contract terms, are already there. I used to have to print it out, add my contract terms at the bottom and then go with it. Now, I can input those into the template and they will always be there for me.

When I say they are improving it, they are. Devwave is also working on integrating it into quickbooks next!!!!!!!!! There will be a way to export to quickbooks, as well as an import/export for your estimates. I don't doubt they will eventually have to raise their price some, but this is NOT a greedy company. They have done nothing but GIVE to me since I first bought their software.

Customer support is EXTREMELY good with these people. This IS the type of company I want to spend my money with.....and I don't say that often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.