Cabinet Drawing Software

Old 04-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
It's all about the Avatar

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,010

Cabinet Drawing Software

Is there Cabinet hardware suppliers or CNC manufactures that have their drawing software available to the public? Joe Cabinetmaker wants to know.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
Professional

Trade: Finish Carpentry
Rewards Points: 150

Re: Cabinet Drawing Software

http://www.ecabinetsystems.com/
Software that lets you design cabinets and kitchens. The software also plugs into the CNC machine to make the parts. Best of all, it's free. Plus, they have training seminars.

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Kitchen & Bath dealer/remodeler
Rewards Points: 250

eCabinet systems is an amazing program with features and capabilities if you were able to purchase, would easily exceed $ 10,000.00. And yes although it is free , to get a copy of the software , they must be able to verify you are in the cabinet manufacturing or cabinet design business.

The software development is supported by becoming a member and joining the co op. The purchasing of related hardware, tooling,and materials through the co op makes this all possible for free.

I have the eCabinets software and also the 2020 design software ( which cost me $ 4000.00 plus annual updates of about $ 450.00 )

I can tell you eCabinets is a very powerful program & blows 2020 away. It does require a tremendous amount of memory and a good graphics card.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
DGR,IABD

Trade: Electrical; Commercial and Residential Service
Rewards Points: 2,000

As an electrician, it seems like most of the cabinet plans that are presented to me are generated on 20/20 software.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #5

Thank you for the lead on software, they accepted our request to use it and are shipping a copy. I am interested in see it operate. Last thing I recieved free, cost me 15 grand.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:09 PM   #6
Pro

Great Wood ! I'm sure you'll be impressed with the software. Just be sure to use the help feature / eCabinet Systems Made Easy.

Also join their forum . There are a lot of users at different skill levels willing to help with any questions you may have. You won't be disappointed.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
The Duke

Trade: Cabinet Maker
Rewards Points: 2,036

2020 design seems like the king of kitchen software around here. thats all anyone uses. horrible little piece of software IMO.

You could probably configure any decent modelling software to do kitchens. I use revit myself then import it into Max. Mighty expensive setup though.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
LRG WoodCrafting

Trade: DIY Home Owner
Rewards Points: 15,302

Here is a rendering from the eCab software. It will produce the renderings, any angle you want. It will produce a cut list, parts list, diagram on how to cut the plywood, and can export the files to a Thermwood CNC machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Cabinet Drawing Software-slater-kitchen-9-deleted-800.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqyPro View Post
Carpenter by day.
Mad scientist by night.
http://lrgwood.com
Custom Cabinets in Hartford County Connecticut
Old 04-13-2007, 02:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo G View Post
Here is a rendering from the eCab software. It will produce the renderings, any angle you want. It will produce a cut list, parts list, diagram on how to cut the plywood, and can export the files to a Thermwood CNC machine.
Are you running any of the equipment that goes with this software?
Old 04-13-2007, 03:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by framerman View Post
2020 design seems like the king of kitchen software around here. thats all anyone uses. horrible little piece of software IMO.

You could probably configure any decent modelling software to do kitchens. I use revit myself then import it into Max. Mighty expensive setup though.
I was looking for the ability to convert from drawing to cutting all in the same program. We have cutting indepentant from the drawing, one in Exel and the other in CAD.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:21 AM   #11
LRG WoodCrafting

Trade: DIY Home Owner
Rewards Points: 15,302

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodmagman View Post
Are you running any of the equipment that goes with this software?

No I'm not. I don't have and fancy modern equipment in my shop. Just the old fashion standards, nothing has a computer chip, 'cept my computer. There are many owners of the Thermwood CNC that can take on your project after you design your job. Just find one and contact them. When you join in with using the eCabinet program you are joining a co-op. You have a vast amount of users who communicate through the forum, exchange ideas, problems and solutions. The people at Thermwood are very responsive to anyone having problems with the stuff and help is willing and fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqyPro View Post
Carpenter by day.
Mad scientist by night.
http://lrgwood.com
Custom Cabinets in Hartford County Connecticut
Old 04-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #12
Professional

How do you get the 20/20 design software? After looking at the site, there's no place to purchase or download and it doesn't even tell you where you can get it. They must not like to actually sell the product and make money.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by In_Mexifornia View Post
How do you get the 20/20 design software? .
Go to http://www.2020technologies.com/us-e...downloads.aspx . In the uper right side of the page , look for 20-20 Industry Consultant Locator . Insert your zip code and it will give you the name and contact info for the 20-20 sales rep for your area.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #14
Professional

Can't even buy online and download or even download trial version before you buy? Weak! Company needs to get with the times.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #15
Pro

Like I said . eCabinets blows 20-20 away .
Old 05-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #16
The Duke

Trade: Cabinet Maker
Rewards Points: 2,036

yeah 2020 think they are better than everyone else.

I'm doing a kitchen takeoff right now in Revit which can do anything you want, however, it's a huge amount of money....but daaaaamn nice!

SalmonFallsCabinetry.com

Salmon Falls Cabinetry on Facebook
Old 06-07-2007, 09:40 PM   #17
Professional

20/20 sent me a demo CD and a price of $5000. ....No thanks! I'm looking somwhere along the line of "Free".
Old 09-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #18
Kitchen Designer

Trade: Kitchen and Bath design & Cabinetry
Rewards Points: 10

Although 20/20 has its glitches, it's a powerful piece of software when you do designs for the middle and high end market. Their big hook, is that they support many major cabinet manufacturer catalogs, so it's easy to price and order with the system. I've been working on 20/20 for about 7 years, now, and despite my complaints, (mainly it's good for at least one crash per day) it's very complete.

20/20 also has a new module that will generate cut lists for cabinet shops, and if I'm not mistaken, will interface with CNC machinery.

Worth the investment, but wait till it goes on promotion.

www.stephenwangel.com
Old 10-25-2007, 10:41 PM   #19
New Guy

Trade: Kitchen and Bath Design
Rewards Points: 10

There is a reason that 20-20 is the industry standard. It is a powerful tool. Anyone that says otherwise doesn't know the full power of 20-20. It does have a high learning curve to really make it fly. What sets 20-20 apart is its support from cabinet companies and the kitchen and bath industry. Planit Fusion is another good tool. Their rendering, in truth, is a bit more photo realistic than 20-20, but less industry support is holding it back. Negative on both is that they hit you in the pocket book to the tune of $4000+.

Add...it's $500 off right now until the end of the month.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #20
Pro

Trade: General Contractor / REO Repairs

Will the 20/20 users here please give me a straight answer??? The sales reps are just confusing me !!!!!

I know what 2020 and PlanIt will do. I want to use a manufacturers catalog to design a kitchen. I want to be able to price it while the customer is sitting right there. I know 2020 is what Home Depot uses to design a kitchen, I know 2020 is th king of kitchen software.

What I DON"T understand is, do the cabinet catalogs come with the software? What if I'm not a dealer for a cabinet maker (i.e. KraftMaid)? I get the impression that if I'm not a dealer, I don't get the catalog and just use generic cabinets with no price info... so then whats the point of the software?

The giant cabinet companies (Kraftmaid, Thomasville, etc) want me to have a full time showroom in order to be a dealer. Are there and other smaller cabinet makers that have a catalog for 2020 and don't require me to have a showroom?

I just want to design a kitchen, order cabinets, install them and be done with it... any advice would me appreciated.

Brian

Advertisement

Last edited by fathersonfab; 10-30-2007 at 02:04 PM.