Primer For Travertine Tile Backed With Fibre Net And Resin/epoxy - Tiling - Contractor Talk

Primer For Travertine Tile Backed With Fibre Net And Resin/epoxy

Old 06-24-2018, 05:29 PM   #1

Trade: General Construction
Rewards Points: 24

Primer For Travertine Tile Backed With Fibre Net And Resin/epoxy

Dear all we will be installing travertine which is backed with a net and resin/epoxy.
We where suggested to use Mapei Grand Rapid but after some test it was clear that the glue was adhering 100% to the resin backing of the travertine.
Now i was advised to use some primer on the resin backing.

Any suggestions re glue and primer.

On the backing of the glue there is written that you could use Mapei PRIMER S or P or Eco Prime T. but we are lost on what to use as none of the spec sheets mentions application on epoxy. tks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2018, 07:32 AM   #2
Contractor

Trade: Remodeling & Home Additions
Rewards Points: 876

Re: Primer For Travertine Tile Backed With Fibre Net And Resin/epoxy

might help if you tell us what substrate you're attaching this to.

the primer 'might' be to prepare sheetrock or plywood for the glue but I'm not sure why you would use glue.

I've installed mosaic travertine before and embed it in thinset. Seal then grout.

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2018, 07:54 AM   #3

Trade: General Construction
Rewards Points: 24

Re: Primer For Travertine Tile Backed With Fibre Net And Resin/epoxy

Hi Austin we are installing some travertine to another ceramic tile and some other travertine to cement board.
We are worried that the tile glue "Mapei Grandrapid" is not adhering 100% to the backside of the travertine since its backed up with resin/epoxy.

tks
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinDB View Post
might help if you tell us what substrate you're attaching this to.

the primer 'might' be to prepare sheetrock or plywood for the glue but I'm not sure why you would use glue.

I've installed mosaic travertine before and embed it in thinset. Seal then grout.
Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk