Efloresence - Tiling - Contractor Talk

Efloresence

Old 09-28-2018, 02:34 PM   #1

Trade: Handyman

Efloresence

I did a job where I re tiled a second floor balcony that was roughly 30'x20'. I stripped it down to the bones. Laid the decking, put a rubber sealer on. Laid the cement board and then installed the 6"x3' tiles. First used a outside grout. With a good sealer and had Efloresence come up through the grout lines. Went back and took that out and laid epoxy grout( had to really hustle to stay on top of that). Efloresence is still giving me crap a year later. Im at my wits end with this stuff. Any input on what I did wrong or how to fix it would be great. Done this before without a hitch.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2018, 08:35 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: residential remodeling/construction
Rewards Points: 667

Re: Efloresence

Is this interior or exterior?

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2018, 09:13 PM   #3

Trade: Handyman

Re: Efloresence

It is outside with a roof over it andsides exposed with pony walls on either side. Railing in the front that has angle iron for the base( I didnt make that)