Kubota KX016-4 - Starting Problems

Old 12-29-2016, 11:28 AM   #1

Trade: Groundworker
Rewards Points: 4

Kubota KX016-4 - Starting Problems

Hi. I have a 2015 model with 570 hours on the clock.

Purchased second hand with 500 hours on it. Been running like a dream until today.

Switched it off and it would not start again. Get all the lights, can hear solenoids clicking but no start. I checked connections on micro switches and then it started. Turned it off - it would not start again. Checked connections again and after a while it started. It is not the same connection each time before it starts. I have re-programmed the keys thinking it may be that but no difference.

By the fuse box there is a pair of solenoids taped together. Looks like an aftermarket connection to something (Maybe the previous owners had a tracker on it?)

Really weird. Has anyone else out there experienced anything similar?

My local engineer is away until the New Year and finding someone that understands Kubota's is proving difficult.

Any pointers appreciated.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2016, 11:41 AM   #2

Trade: Groundworker
Rewards Points: 4

Re: Kubota KX016-4 - Starting Problems

Would not start first thing this morning. Again checked all the wiring - nothing.

Talked to a colleague and I went to show him how nothing happens when I turn the key - bingo - it started!

Used it all day - just did not turn it off. When we finished for the day we turned it off and it does not start again. Will not even try to turn it over. You can hear the glo plug solenoid clicking but that is it.

Grrrrrrrr...

Advertisement