Cost For Excavating Basement??

Old 06-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
New Guy

Trade: framing
Rewards Points: 10

Cost For Excavating Basement??

I just had the basement dug out for my new house build, and I was wondering if the excavator is giving me a fair price? I figured they dug out about 800 yards of dirt and dug footers around garage and frost wall for walkout. They also dug off topsoil for 200' driveway and leveled all of the gravel. They are charging me $6000.00 for all of the work, which sounds fair. I just wanted to get some feed back from all of the pros on here. I attached a couple pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Cost for excavating basement??-bighole-001.jpg   Cost for excavating basement??-bighole-007.jpg  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 06-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
Geometrist

Trade: framing/remodeling
Rewards Points: 2,559

Re: Cost For Excavating Basement??

Did he give you any kind of break down on that price? Did he give you an estimate ahead of time? I am always skeptical of pricing that ends up "exactly" 6 thousand or 8 thousand or whatever.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
The Duke

Trade: Cabinet Maker
Rewards Points: 2,036

Re: Cost For Excavating Basement??

If it seems fair to you, then there's no issue.

SalmonFallsCabinetry.com

Salmon Falls Cabinetry on Facebook
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kent Whitten For This Useful Post:
Big Chris (06-08-2010), tgeb (06-08-2010)