Contract For Pressure Washing

Old 04-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: general

Contract For Pressure Washing

Anyone have a good contract for pressure washing? I have one for my handyman work but need verbage for pressure washing, I am quoteing a large job 41 unit town home complex not alot of surface area mostly single car driveways and a a short walk by each door 20 foor max from sidewalk.

But want some protection if i get a window wet and they get mad about it.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Commercial Waterproofing, Masonry Restoration

Re: Contract For Pressure Washing

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead View Post
Anyone have a good contract for pressure washing? I have one for my handyman work but need verbage for pressure washing, I am quoteing a large job 41 unit town home complex not alot of surface area mostly single car driveways and a a short walk by each door 20 foor max from sidewalk.

But want some protection if i get a window wet and they get mad about it.
Hey knothead, if you post in your own thread, at least you'll have one reply! Oh wait, now you would have two!

The only thing I know to tell you is that you should carefully note all existing conditions in your proposal and make your proposal a part of the contract. I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance; I don't make the contracts that I sign, but I always try to include our bid day proposal as a part of any contract.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Fire Suppression Equipment Sales & Service

Cars moved out of work area, animal removed, lawn and patio furniture moved. OHA supplies water
Old 04-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: Commercial Loading Dock and Door Contractor

Include expectations;

Not all gum will be removed, color of surface may be inconsistent, damaged or spalled surfaces will be exposed, and subject to repair, tenants are responsible for closing windows, removing anything that may get damaged, keeping pets and children away from work area.

Include hours of operation, who supplies water, who is responsible for waste water/effluent. include noise consideration and limited access to areas being worked. include your provisions for safety tape, signage, and notifications.

www.BadcoDoors.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pearce Services For This Useful Post:
aptpupil (04-25-2011), Roofcheck (08-25-2013)
Old 04-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
Pro

Thanks for the tips good ones

Well not everyone looks here every day so I was prepared to wait a few days for a response.

Looks like it got the bid without the fine details, had to drop $400 off my price since another company under bid me, but till I have that sig./deposit it not 100%
Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
Pro

OK done and completed it took 3.5 days made some good coin, talked to the president of the strata he liked the job I did
did a little sales pitch to have the complex done every year and to get 41 back yard patios cleaned off.

New question as a result of my good work here I am quoting a 3 story building deck only job. But I will need to use ladders and I cant use the stand offs due to the placements of the windows to decks. Plus in some places I will only be able to put the ladder against railings. I have seen the pads to go on the ends that will work in most spots. BUt when I have to the ladder on a rail I dont want to take the finnish off of nice shinny rails. I was thinking i glueing a pad onto bottom side of the ladder.

suggestions???
Old 04-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #7

Trade: Deck Builder & Refinisher

Knothead, you don't need to use a ladder to wash the sides of the deck including the railing. The ladder is a way to get on to the deck. From there, simply lean over the hand rail. The skirt or outer joists will need to be done via ladder or some kind of lift.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #8
Pro

Trade: Fire Suppression Equipment Sales & Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhamas View Post
Knothead, you don't need to use a ladder to wash the sides of the deck including the railing. The ladder is a way to get on to the deck. From there, simply lean over the hand rail. The skirt or outer joists will need to be done via ladder or some kind of lift.

x-jet
Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #9

Trade: Deck Builder & Refinisher

Cleaning hoses and decks are not the same. An X-jet will not get the job done.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #10
Pro

Thats correct I am not washing the building only the deck floors. I hav eto get onto each deck to do the cleanup. SO suggestions for rail protection are still needed. I will be buying a new ladder as my old one is not tall enough for the 3rd storey it would be nice if I could use a man lift/cherry picker but no room too many trees.

Here is the complex they spent a small fortune fixing leaks I really do not want to screw up all the work.
Attached Thumbnails
Contract for pressure washing-west7th.jpg   Contract for pressure washing-west7th1.jpg  

Last edited by knothead; 04-25-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #11
Pro

OK I figured out my own solution for protecting the guard rails I glued strips of cloth to the bottom side of the ladder rails with PL400 and it worked perfectly and did not interfer with extending the ladder one bit. When it was wet it did allow the ladder to slide a bit easier but I would tie the ladder off every time.

Here are a couple pic of the complex and one of the worst decks I had to clean. The after pic is not that great it was over cast and raining but in person it looked great.
7 days and 78 decks on 3 levels ( some double size) myself and a helper.
Attached Thumbnails
Contract for pressure washing-19.jpg  
Attached Images

Last edited by knothead; 05-12-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #12
House Painters Reading PA

Trade: House Painting, Roof Cleaning, Pressure Washing

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead View Post
Thanks for the tips good ones

Well not everyone looks here every day so I was prepared to wait a few days for a response.

Looks like it got the bid without the fine details, had to drop $400 off my price since another company under bid me, but till I have that sig./deposit it not 100%

Why was your quote $400 more than the other company and did you actually see the estimate from the other contractor. I mean if you have a legitimate reason why your more expensive I would not go down on price unless I can see the other estimate to compare apples with apples.

484-334-1311
Old 07-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #13
Pro

Never did find out but I got the job and several others. With the equipment I have and upgrades I have made to the tools I have I am making some serious coin. I made up for the $400 on the next job with ease.

I will mention that never never never allow anyone else to estimate your sq footage. My guy subs to me and he "measured" tow jobs and he was off by 2000q ft on one and 1500 sqft on the other. Now this guy is a contractor /estimatator I assumed that he could use a walking measureing stick wrong. I have to eat it but I will addin a few extra on each of the next jobs to make it up.

Next week i am doing a 4000 sq ft tennis court using a new vac/swirly setup to remove the water as I sweep should be intresting.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #14

Trade: pressure washing / Marketing

Knot, if I might call you that. Good job.
Not only did you have the insight into the possibility of getting more work but you had the intuition that you weren't working for a opportunist.
$400 bucks, without seeing the other bids... I call that customer service.
They had to have told you to come down by $400. And you said yes Sir.
Opportunity sometimes costs money, and it always pays off in the long run in dividends or education. Both worth it.

On the contract question, here's my two cents.....A little coin thrown at a contract lawyer pays off big and you have a valuable business resource to show for it.

B