Is There An HVAC FL License?

Old 03-25-2008, 09:00 PM   #1

Trade: Plumbing heating and A/C
Rewards Points: 25

Is There An HVAC FL License?

do you need to have a license in FL to work on HVAC units? im MA you only need a recovery lic to work on a/c units anyone know what the deal with HVAC in FL is? if you know more info then what i asked the better

thanx

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: HVAC Contractor/ General Contractor
Rewards Points: 75

Re: Is There An HVAC FL License?

If you are going to go to work for a company as a service tech you will need an EPA certification.

If you are going to work for yourself you will need a county or state license and insurance.

You will find all the info you need here :- http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/

Advertisement

Last edited by Diesel65; 03-25-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Add
Old 04-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: hvac tech
Rewards Points: 75

sorry for my ignorance guys,but just curious about heating in florida.i live north of toronto.Are furnaces a must,i think we all have this preconcieved notion that it never gets below 70 in sunny fla.I would think that cooling is more a must than htg. thanks mike
Old 04-07-2008, 12:55 AM   #4
HVAC CONTRACTOR

Trade: HVAC
Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf05 View Post
sorry for my ignorance guys,but just curious about heating in florida.i live north of toronto.Are furnaces a must,i think we all have this preconcieved notion that it never gets below 70 in sunny fla.I would think that cooling is more a must than htg. thanks mike
Heat pumps are very common in florida, in some communities you do see some gas furnaces, oil is rarely seen in residential applications more in commercial or industrial.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #5

Trade: mechanical
Rewards Points: 10

The usual Florida heat scheme is electric resistance strip; when used with a "heat pump" then it is called "emergency heat."

The further into the peninsula you travel, the higher likelihood of this scenario. Natural gas heat below Interstate 4 is very rare.

"IN GENERAL!"