Potter And Brumfield Relay Kup-5a15-120

Old 01-18-2004, 12:56 PM   #1

Potter And Brumfield Relay Kup-5a15-120

I am installing a new furnace and on the power venter there is a relay (poyter and brumfield kup-5a12-120) 120 in and it should switch down to 120 out on another leg of the relay but its not. Anyone know what makes it switch

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 01-18-2004, 01:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Re: Potter And Brumfield Relay Kup-5a15-120

24v from w to c

Old 01-19-2004, 06:13 AM   #3
Pro

Rewards Points: 250

Re: Potter And Brumfield Relay Kup-5a15-120

Steve
Field uses the potter Blumbfiled type relays, I am not sure as I do not have one in front of me but it is a plug in type relay.
Line voltage I think enters from the upper vertical pins as a switch leg, the lower pins that are horz are for the 24Vt coil.
Power enters the relay box, and then a neut would go to the blower motor and then to the transformer.
When the relay is made 24 vts runs throught the relay and into a time delay, to a pressure switch before it allows the burner to light.
I have had to replace these relays in the past as they do wear, Granger sales this relays give them a call as they stock it.

Bernie