New To Bidding, Need Help Please!!

Old 10-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #1

Trade: HVAC
Rewards Points: 2

New To Bidding, Need Help Please!!

I am in HVAC, bit new to estimating/ bidding new construction. I am trying to get averages for bidding purposes. Can anyone tell me the average cost to install a 5 Ton RUUD w/ all duct work on a new construction of 2400sq. ft.???? I need to know if my current bidding is on point or if I'm too high. I need all the help I can get.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 2,790

Re: New To Bidding, Need Help Please!!

I'll go first...TreeFiddy

Advertisement

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avenge For This Useful Post:
Bull Trout (10-17-2017), Randy Bush (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy@HVAC View Post
I need to know if my current bidding is on point or if I'm too high. I need all the help I can get.
Most of it is on point, except the parts that are too high, and the parts that were too low

I usually find if I am in the 350 ballpark, it all works out

Old 10-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
Eater of sins.

Trade: Designer/Drafter/General Contractor(again)
Rewards Points: 1,112

Hi, Missy, no one here is going to give you a price or even a ballpark figure for the project. Various reasons, of course, one being that we don't know where you are located and all places are different. Heck, there are differences from business to business in the same location.

If you need help in figuring out HOW to go about the process of figuring a price for a project then you may find help here but direct pricing questions are frowned on here.

Andy.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScipioAfricanus For This Useful Post:
Missy@HVAC (10-19-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Custom
Rewards Points: 27,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy@HVAC View Post
I am in HVAC, bit new to estimating/ bidding new construction. I am trying to get averages for bidding purposes. Can anyone tell me the average cost to install a 5 Ton RUUD w/ all duct work on a new construction of 2400sq. ft.???? I need to know if my current bidding is on point or if I'm too high. I need all the help I can get.
If you can tell me what your competitors pay their employees or themselves, if they have company vehicles, what they pay for insurance, dedicated suppliers, company debt, health insurance, etc. (aka - the list goes on)... THEN we can give you an average...

Not really... hopefully you'll come to the realization that you need to charge what YOU need to be in business... take one metric only... If one HVAC owner is happy making $50K/year and another wants $100K/year, how are you going to "average" that into your pricing?

Keep in mind, that's only ONE metric of many... KNOW your numbers intimately, charge what you need to be in business and then it's a matter of finding the customers that can support your business...

Verizon and Cricket customers are two different sets of people as an example and Verizon doesn't lower their price to Cricket's level to "average"... they market to customers that can support what they need to charge...

Hard business lesson to learn, because when you're starting out, most think EVERYONE is their potential customers... that is until what you need to actually be in business and what they can afford or willing to pay are in conflict...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KAP For This Useful Post:
beenthere (10-18-2017), Fouthgeneration (10-21-2017), Missy@HVAC (10-19-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Licensed Electrical Contractor and Remodeler
Rewards Points: 578

Thank you for posting on ContractorTalk.com. Straight pricing questions are frowned upon here, as are 'Going Rate' questions. If you are a contractor seeking advice regarding your pricing structure, the Moderators of this forum would like to direct you to this thread: "Pricing, Estimating and Success".

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Advertisement

ac28905 (11-01-2017)