Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Heil 10 Seer VS Trane XR13

15K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dacusvillegirl 
#1 ·
I am getting qoutes on a exterior a/c unit for house I just built. One qoute Is for a Heil 10 SEER 2.5 ton unit for 1600.00 and the other one I am looking at is for a Trane XR13 3 ton unit for 1950.00. I had the the coil put in when I bought the house, it's a 3 ton 13 seer interior coil with a Heil VS80 100,000 btu furnace. I heard that you have to match brands and the trane won't work properly. is there any truth to that? I also don't have a two stage thermostat and I heard my furnace won't work properly without one. Both A/c units have the same warranty about half of the estimates are a 2.5 ton unit and half are 3 ton units. The house is 2100 sqaure feet with 2x4 construction on 3 of the 4 walls. It has 27 Silver Line windows through out the house. I also live close to lake Ontario and it's not uncommon to have a ton of wind in my area. Any suggestions on which unit to purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.