FREE 30 Hour Osha Training Course Schedule, Sponsored By NRCA.....

Old 04-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Roofing Contractor
Rewards Points: 2,054

FREE 30 Hour Osha Training Course Schedule, Sponsored By NRCA.....

I attended the 10 Hour version last fall and it was well worth it, but I am not sure I can be off of work for several days in a row for this one.

http://www.nrca.net/rp/education/nrc...spx?freesafety

Free safety training

During the past several years, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has awarded NRCA funding to create and administer free roofing safety programs. OSHA's role is to ensure the health and safety of workers by setting and enforcing standards; providing training and education; and encouraging continual improvement in workplace safety and health.

Dang it, I really wish I could take time off, but I still need to sell some more.

Ed

Other Items To Be Found:

Free safety training links

Roofing Safety: OSHA 30-hour Program SEE LINK ABOVE:

Focus 4 Safety Program

http://www.nrca.net/rp/education/nrca/focu...aspx?freesafety
Focus 4 Safety Program
Focus 4 Safety is a half-day program that examines the four safety hazards that, according to OSHA, account for the greatest number of preventable fatalities in the construction industry: electrical, struck-by, caught-between and fall-related hazards. During the program, you will discuss the primary causes of the top OSHA citations for hazard fatalities and learn how to recognize and respond to those hazards as they apply to the roofing industry and your company. This program is designed for roofing workers, foremen, supervisors, safety directors and business owners.

Online Fall-protection Programs

http://www.nrca.net/rp/education/nrca/onlinefall.aspx
Online Fall-protection Programs
Available Summer 2009
NRCA University is developing three self-paced, online fall-protection training programs for roofing and general construction workers. These introductory, half-hour programs will include roofing terms and concepts for new roofing workers, fall protection for low-slope roofing work and fall protection for steep-slope roofing work. Available in English and Spanish, the programs will be narrated for easy comprehension and contain photos, graphics and video clips for effective learning. These programs are ideal for those with limited language proficiency.

Safety training at your fingertips

http://www.nrca.net/rp/education/nrc...4/default.aspx
Safety training at your fingertips
NRCA University offers several safety training programs that allow you to conduct training sessions at your convenience. These programs focus on fall-protection and caught-in and caught-between training for roofing workers. Each program includes a downloadable instructors guide that includes step-by-step training instructions, student handout materials and customizable certificates of completion. Also included is a training DVD that contains interactive video programs that can be requested online and will be shipped free of charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed the Roofer For This Useful Post:
DQM (04-17-2009)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
Pro

Re: FREE 30 Hour Osha Training Course Schedule, Sponsored By NRCA.....

Here is a very short video clip link regarding fall protection and slide guards, (Toe-Boards and Hooks).

http://www.nrca.net/rp/education/nrca/gran...llProEp3English

Ed

PS
If you have never registered on the NRCA site previously, you may have to do so to have access to these links, but I am not sure, since I am registered, but I recall not having access to the links on their site before, until I signed up.

This is NOT the paid Membership to the NRCA organization, just a free membership to subscribe to their information and freebies for production and safety related items, but mostly safety.

Ed

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
Pro

Re: FREE 30 Hour Osha Training Course Schedule, Sponsored By NRCA.....

Order your FREE Roofing Safety Pack DVD in English and/or Spanish at the following link:

http://www.nrca.net/rp/education/nrca/gran...equestform.aspx

Ed

The Roofing Safety Pack DVD order form
The Roofing Safety Pack DVD contains the following video training programs:
FPI: Fall Protection Investigation Series, Fall Protection for the Roofing Industry

Traps and Snares: Avoiding "Caught In" and "Caught Between" Hazards in the Roofing Industry

Tame Your Training Fears: Become a Great Trainer

The DVD will be shipped at no charge and is available in English and Spanish.

Please select the DVD(s) you would like to receive:

The Roofing Safety Pack DVD
The Roofing Safety Pack DVD Spanish version