Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Setting fence posts on top of concrete retaining wall

17K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  neolitic 
#1 ·
I have a job where i need to sit chainlink fence posts on top of a concrete retaining wall. In the past i have had flanges welded to the bottom of the post and just bolted to the concrete. But, the top of the wall slopes and the contractor has already core drilled the top of the wall for the posts. He drilled a 3 in hole for 2 3/8 in posts approximately 7 in deep. I was thinking about using epoxy to sit the posts in the holes, but the epoxy i found is quite expensive. Any other ideas?

#2 ·
I have a job where i need to sit chainlink fence posts on top of a concrete retaining wall. In the past i have had flanges welded to the bottom of the post and just bolted to the concrete. But, the top of the wall slopes and the contractor has already core drilled the top of the wall for the posts. He drilled a 3 in hole for 2 3/8 in posts approximately 7 in deep. I was thinking about using epoxy to sit the posts in the holes, but the epoxy i found is quite expensive. Any other ideas?
Heres a crazy idea, how about mortar?

#7 ·
Thanks for all your help, iispoke with a local ornamental iron company and they told me they use a product called Quik Rok for their railings. After calling around I found that one of my fence suppliers could get it for me. Hopefully it will work for my needs!

#8 ·
Same thing as Por-Rok,
a Johnny-come-lately,
but probably just as good.
Por-Rok was the first....
I still call it visqueen too,
can't bring myself to say
"poly sheeting".
Sounds like some chorus girl. :laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.