ITE Type EQ Breaker

Old 06-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
Electrician

Trade: Electrical Contractor

ITE Type EQ Breaker

Is there another brand of breaker which will fit in a ITE EQ panel? I have a replacement coming, but I have to wait 3-5 days, plus the weekend. My customer needs his 240v pump to work until the replacement gets here. It's a 20 amp quad in place now but a 20 2 pole or 2 single poles will work until I get the ordered unit. Thanks.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
DGR,IABD

Trade: Electrical; Commercial and Residential Service

Re: ITE Type EQ Breaker

Siemens took over ITE. They make the EQ loadcenters under the Siemens name now. The replacement for the ITE breaker you have is an ordinary Siemens breaker you can get locally just about anywhere. I think Siemens calls them "QP" breakers.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
Electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshunk View Post
Siemens took over ITE. They make the EQ loadcenters under the Siemens name now. The replacement for the ITE breaker you have is an ordinary Siemens breaker you can get locally just about anywhere. I think Siemens calls them "QP" breakers.
Thanks MD. Funny my supply house didn't know that. But I sure appreciate the answer.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
DGR,IABD

Trade: Electrical; Commercial and Residential Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
Thanks MD. Funny my supply house didn't know that. But I sure appreciate the answer.
Yeah, particularly since I'm sure you'd pay dear for an actual ITE branded breaker. It would have to be new old stock. How much were they going to ding you for a 2-pole 20? I might guess 40 or 50 bucks. I don't use a lot of Siemens breakers, but I bet a 2-pole 20 in the Siemens brand is only 8 or 10 bucks.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
Electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshunk View Post
Yeah, particularly since I'm sure you'd pay dear for an actual ITE branded breaker. It would have to be new old stock. How much were they going to ding you for a 2-pole 20? I might guess 40 or 50 bucks. I don't use a lot of Siemens breakers, but I bet a 2-pole 20 in the Siemens brand is only 8 or 10 bucks.
The quad I ordered is a new old stock ITE for $31.00 plus shipping. I thought that was a pretty good price. But next time I will just buy the Siemens. I did get the customer going today without a lot putzing. My supply house gave me a price of $48 and 10 to 15 days for the breaker. Thanks again for the information.