Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Electrical Riser Diagram

65K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Sparky Joe 
#1 ·
I am an electrical design engineer for residential and commercial buildings. I started this job a week ago. Can some one help me understand what is electrical riser diagram?

Does anyone has sample PDF or DWG file which shows the electrical riser diagram?

I know how to size panel board and calculate wire sizes.

This will really help me in my job... Thank you so much in advance.

#5 ·
Thanks guys...

We dont have any kind of drawings in our office. The department I work for was a mechanical, plumbing and sturctural engineering department. Now they have started bringing electrical work.

how could you size conducters and conduits?

thanks again.

#9 ·
When electricians have a hard question, we ask the electrical engineer. When the electrical engineer has a problem, I'm not sure who he asks. Is a PE going to seal your drawings? Perhaps you should be asking the PE. I'm scared for you and your customer.
PE, my boss, is going to sign and seal the drawings. By the way, my boss will bring some one to peer review our drawings. Before we even have peer review, he needs something to show it to them and thats what I am trying to do now. I am not worried cause this is our first electrical attempt.

I have circuited the condo and sized the panel too. I reffered NEC 2002 to get started. I googled for the wire sizes. And this, electrical riser, was the only thing that I was not sure about.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.