tags, as close as possible to the opening tag. Creation Date: 12/20/2017 -->

California C-7 Question

Old 01-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #1

Trade: Low voltage
Rewards Points: 8

California C-7 Question

Hi guys I have been working for Time Warner Cable and now Spectrum for the past 6 years. Prior to working at TWC I was an electrician in NJ for 10 years. Over the past few years I started focusing on learning networking . I have a A+ cert , a network+ cert and a CCNA from Cisco.

My goal is to combine all my knowledge and open my own business. I wanted to obtain a C-10 but under my understanding my hands on electrical experience is at this point too old to use. So I was thinking C-7 but I'm not sure if working at TWC/Spectrum actually counts to be approved for experience. I'm more than qualified. Also if I send in the application and the fee, if the state denies my request do they return the fee or is it non refundable. Any help is greatly appreciated .
Thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2018, 06:51 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Licensed Electrical Contractor and Remodeler
Rewards Points: 556

Re: California C-7 Question

I suggest you post your question to the thread I've linked below.

http://www.contractortalk.com/f63/ca...censing-32617/

We have a real asset here in Phil who has helped hundreds of people in California with licensing questions.

I'll go ahead and close this thread since it Phil ("License Guru") will never come across it in this particular section.

Welcome to CT

Advertisement

Last edited by rselectric1; 01-13-2018 at 06:53 PM.