Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

12 volt lights

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eleservtech 
#1 ·
Another question, I am sitting here not sure of the size lamp smaller than a "A" lamp that is typically in chandaliers and there taperd up to a point. But I ran into them on a 120 volt fixture on a brick post that clearly still said 120 volt 60hz and 75 watt lamp max! But I discoverd that the post lights were fed with low voltage cable from a malibu transformer. She wanted the light replaced with some new one's she bought @ 120 volts unknowing that the originals were part of the low volt system. Any way I have never seen those "chandalier lamps at 12 volts except on the original fixture! Are those lamps easy to find! And can you use them in a 120 volt fixture that is on a 12 volt malibu timer! thanks Bk.........go wings!

#2 ·
Bkessler said:
Another question, I am sitting here not sure of the size lamp smaller than a "A" lamp that is typically in chandaliers and there taperd up to a point. But I ran into them on a 120 volt fixture on a brick post that clearly still said 120 volt 60hz and 75 watt lamp max! But I discoverd that the post lights were fed with low voltage cable from a malibu transformer. She wanted the light replaced with some new one's she bought @ 120 volts unknowing that the originals were part of the low volt system. Any way I have never seen those "chandalier lamps at 12 volts except on the original fixture! Are those lamps easy to find! And can you use them in a 120 volt fixture that is on a 12 volt malibu timer! thanks Bk.........go wings!

You can get 12 volt candelabra style bulbs from your electrical supplie house. They should be able to order them for you. And yes you can use them if they are connected to a low volt transformer. But you will need to make sure you dont overload the ciruit to the transformer or it wont work.:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.