Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Round corners..Help!!

12K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  MZ-HANDYMAN 
#1 ·
When installing round corners do I run all the way to the floor or do I have to allow for baseboard??thanks for your help

#2 ·
pro, I run it almost to the floor, we have water issues here.

Base is installed at angles by most. I have the ability to manufacture the most popular profiles in curves. I have seen another company that does this and retails, check the back pages of TOH.

#3 ·
It depends on the final trim. If they are going to use a piece of base cut at 45s to join the two meeting base boards then you bullnose all the way to the floor. (This is the way I see it around here)

Here is the same idea but with crown molding.

The other solution is using Trim-tex like products that transitions the bullnose at the base of the wall.

#4 ·
I like the transitions, haven't seen that before.

To be honest, I'm not big on the round corners. Ever see a paint color change using them? Somehow it always looks goofy to me.

#10 ·
I like the transitions, haven't seen that before.

To be honest, I'm not big on the round corners. Ever see a paint color change using them? Somehow it always looks goofy to me.
Trim-Tex just came out with Step-a-bull, has a lip on each side, perfect for busting off the paint color change cleanly. Ooooh I can't wait to have yet another profile of bead to keep on hand.

#5 ·
you can put a transition piece on first then cut the bead to fit into it (trim tex) or you can glue one on after to the edge of the bead i prefer the second method. both give you a nice 90. we charge an extra 30 cents a foot for round. finally a step-a-bull will give you a nice paint transition if you want to go with that>

#8 ·
Rounded corners seem to be pretty popular here, all the NICE homes transition to a pointed corner a few inches before the baseboard and the crown. (like the last pic that Mike posted) The "rest" so to speak do it floor to ceiling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.