Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Ceiling texture fun!!

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  A+ Texture 
#1 ·
I have a client who is doing his own remodeling :rolleyes:. He took down the wall between his kitchen and dining room to create one large space. His problem now is that the dining room ceiling has a "swoosh" plaster texture with flat paint and the kitchen is a sand texture with shiny paint. Plus, there is a foot wide swath in the middle that is smooth where the wall used to be.

He wants the ceiling of his newly created space to have a orange peel texture. Here is my plan, please let me know if you think it will work:

1. Pole sand to knock off the larger globs of texture
2. Prime the ceiling so the mud will bond to the shiny paint
3. Tape the seams of the patch and skim coat the ceiling to create a smooth even surface
4. spray thinned down mud for orange peel texture
5. Prime & paint

#3 ·
I have a client who is doing his own remodeling :rolleyes:. He took down the wall between his kitchen and dining room to create one large space. His problem now is that the dining room ceiling has a "swoosh" plaster texture with flat paint and the kitchen is a sand texture with shiny paint. Plus, there is a foot wide swath in the middle that is smooth where the wall used to be.

He wants the ceiling of his newly created space to have a orange peel texture. Here is my plan, please let me know if you think it will work:

1. Pole sand to knock off the larger globs of texture
2. Prime the ceiling so the mud will bond to the shiny paint
3. Tape the seams of the patch and skim coat the ceiling to create a smooth even surface
4. spray thinned down mud for orange peel texture
5. Prime & paint
Pole sand? Thats slow going. I've read many posts about removing texture and popcorn. Many folks here have the porter cable 7800, I'd use one of these then skim. I'm about to order my first PC:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.