Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

wood burning fire and pizza oven

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  JBM 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the info on my last posting. Now after al this the homowner want it a wood burning fireplace,above pizza oven,plus a mantle above it and to finish it off flat scrren tv lol lol.
*Whats is the best way to draw the smoke up from the woodburning fireplace,1. cast iron sitting on top of the firebrick? 2..Taper it in with concrete? My pizza oven is going to have firebrick all round and firebrick on edge on the celing in a dome shape ,parged around it with 8 inches of concrete sand around the dome for more insulation. he doent want to spend $$$$ on them domes you can by pre-made. and sketches or pictures of work you think my be better than my idea is greatly appreciated. Im passionate about my work and want to make it look good and build it once. The full with of the fire face with stone is 6ftx14 feet high.

Thanks
joe
Thanks
joe

#16 ·
A guy I met on the weekend has a contra flow masonry heater with a white oven. Cooks pizza @ 800* in under 2 minutes. But of course the oven is ABOVE the heater. Below the heater or fireplace would just be weird and useless.

Most people want to be able to sit around a fireplace and not have to look UP at the flames. The HO's design is bad, totally opposite to how it should be both aesthetically and functionally

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.