Waterproofing A Chicago Two Flat (brick To Stone Foundation)...

Old 03-03-2018, 04:58 PM   #1
New Guy

Trade: Lawnwork
Rewards Points: 2

Waterproofing A Chicago Two Flat (brick To Stone Foundation)...

Short story, until about six months ago my adjacent property did all the work of removing water from the area. Now, there is a grassy lawn. Which is to say, my foundation was able to keep water out until now.

I am looking at various techniques to fixing the issue. I was curious from this group what the accepted methodology is as of today. One guy wants to patch it - parging - (I am not a fan since we are going through the trouble of digging it up, let's knock it out.) Another wants to pour all-new concreted along the affected side (no tuckpointing/other masonry work). Seems to me water will get behind there, but I am open on that. Another wants to put it some sort of impermeable membrane that will allow the brick to breathe out and release vapor into the recesses of the membrane. And finally, another wants to put a rubberized coating all around.

That was a ton of info. What are your thoughts?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
Capra aegagrus

Trade: Remodeler
Rewards Points: 2,047

Re: Waterproofing A Chicago Two Flat (brick To Stone Foundation)...

Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Advertisement