Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

warranty question

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tscarborough 
#1 ·
Went to look at a repair job the other day. The lady tells me the job is five years old. I cant belive the first step lasted that long they layed the brick right ontop of the pavers. So I tell her to fix it first step needs to be removed and dig down to install footing for brick. I sent a estimate she said price was good but she wants 10 year warranty in contract. Ive never put warranty in contract before.My warranty has always been verbal. ( I STAND BEHIND MY WORK IF YOU EVER HAVE PROBLEM CALL ME.) no matter how long its been. Its easy with masonry as long as you do it right it will last almost forever.
very soft Voice in the back of my head dont do it dont do it this ladys problems down the road. Ive had extremly bad head and cheast cold so I dont know if its just the meds

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
The cost of the job has to allow for the warranty period. For example, if the project with a one year warranty is valued at $10,000, then the cost for a 10 year warranty should be around $100,000. If you doubt my figures, then check out extended warranties for anything: automobiles, electronics, appliances, etc.

#7 ·
The cost of the job has to allow for the warranty period. For example, if the project with a one year warranty is valued at $10,000, then the cost for a 10 year warranty should be around $100,000. If you doubt my figures, then check out extended warranties for anything: automobiles, electronics, appliances, etc.
If I understand you right 800.00 dollar job dosnt = 10 year warranty

Thanks guys for your input and help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.