Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick Steps

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tinstaafl 
#1 ·
This may be an elementary question for some, but not so much for me.

I have been asked to do a brick border inlay job on a concrete patio and 3-step brick steps (2 sets). Each set of steps are 8 foot wide.
I understand there may be a formula with solid brick 3.5" x 4" x 8" to make steps, or is there a rate for laying the brick regardless of the task?

I have been told $900/1,000 for flat work, but what about steps?

Please don't say "threefiddy"

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Trencher. I admire a guy for getting his hands dirty and making a living. The border is a fairly simple thing to do pour footer, set brick on mortar, bag the joints. We charge about 12.00 a ft for that here were I live.

Building steps is a different story. If you don't have much or any experience laying brick you need to hire somebody to do it for you and you can profit from their work. Brick steps are tough to do and if not done by a professional will look bad and fall apart quickly due to the poor trowel skills.

I am just trying to save you from a mess as it relates to the steps. If you sub it out to a mason check his work first as many guys think they are masons but just flat out aren't. Once you have vetted him get his price and add 20% and everyone wins.

#3 ·
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. Straight pricing questions are frowned upon here, as are 'Going Rate' questions. If you are a contractor seeking advice regarding your pricing structure, the Moderators of this forum would like to direct you to this pricing thread - Pricing, Estimating and Success.

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.