Password

Old 08-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #1

Trade: Alford's Land Works
Rewards Points: 6

Password

Due to the 'cluster' password requirements (saved to this PC), I do not remember exactly what it is so as to use my phone. Question is ...... how do I get it retrieved from this site. I have failed to find a link to have the password sent to me????

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #2
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 14

Re: Password

I reported your post to Cricket.

She will be along to help.

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
Eater of sins.

Trade: Designer/Drafter Extraordinaire
Rewards Points: 806

I have found that trying to use the contractortalk site to have them send you a link to change your password doesn't work too well. It asks you to put in your email address and it will send you a link to change it. That only seems to work if you are logged in and want to change your password. Since you can login from your phone automatically but don't remember the password this is not a problem.
When you go to the change my password link in your profile and click the "don't remember password" link it will then actually send you a temporary password that you can use.
When you get that temp password, copy it and paste it, login with that one then you can change the password to something you like.
Complicated I know, but it works.

Andy.

Old 08-16-2017, 01:11 PM   #4
Administrator

Trade: Community Manager
Rewards Points: 12,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOL3 View Post
Due to the 'cluster' password requirements (saved to this PC), I do not remember exactly what it is so as to use my phone. Question is ...... how do I get it retrieved from this site. I have failed to find a link to have the password sent to me????
I am sending you a PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:17 AM   #5

Trade: Plumbing
Rewards Points: 8

I always have trouble remembering my password to be honest
Old 08-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #6
Administrator

Trade: Administrator
Rewards Points: 3,798

It's always helpful to have a password that's more of a phrase that you relate to. For example, I absolutely love breakfast. How can I make that into a password?

I<3Bre@kfa$t!

Obviously you don't need to have as many symbols as I've used but I normally use some to replace the letters like a - @, s - $, E - 3 (it's like a curvy backward big e).

That's just an idea and hopefully one that will help you. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:
Cricket (08-29-2017)