Hello From Florida

Old 02-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #1

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 2

Hello From Florida

Good morning,

I have been a long time reader of this site. Always been a go to for me to get better insight into matters. I have been a DIY person for quite some time and I am looking to make the jump into Contracting. I have already begun to read all about the Florida Licensing and what is involved with that. However I do have some concerns that I was hoping someone here would be willing to discuss with me.

A little background, about 10 years ago I was framing house and doing remodel jobs for a contractor when I first got our of highschool. I did that for about 2 years. Then 2007 happened and I found myself working in hotels as a facilities manager. Needless to say I've been out of the loop for a while and I find myself in a difficult situation where my current work doesn't seem like it would lend itself over to contracting per the requirements of the state of Florida. I'm hoping that someone here can lend my a few moments of their time so I can get a better understanding of what I need to do in order to get myself going in the contracting business.

Thank you in advance

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement