Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

White Makita vs Teal Makita

Tags
makita
76K views 92 replies 20 participants last post by  m1911 
#1 ·
Whats the difference between the new white Makita stuff and the original Teal stuff. I know the white stuff runs on the lower amperage but a buddy of mine told me that they use more plastic parts in the white stuff. Anybody know? If this is true then im guessing its geared for homeowners.

#2 ·
I've got two of the compacts and they work fine for me. It has the smaller 1.5AH battery and if you aren't carful you can get a pretty good wrist twisting.

#3 ·
Some one told me that you can use the batteries from the white makitas in the blue makitas but not the blue makitas to the white makitas! or vice versa!

not sure but i have all the blue makitas, including that right angle impact driver!( A MUST HAVE FOR CAB INSTALLERS)

#4 ·
I have both. I can't tell a difference other than I grab the white one first because it's lighter.

As far as durability, my teal's have been repaired more than my white's.

#8 ·
I have both. I can't tell a difference other than I grab the white one first because it's lighter.

As far as durability, my teal's have been repaired more than my white's.
the only blue makita i had trouble with was the hammer drill. i was going to buy a new one but turns out im 3 miles from a makita service center and the guy there fixed it in 5 min ! Great people there:thumbup:

#5 ·
I know I can put the 3AH batter on my compact Makita. Does 2 things. Makes it go longer and makes it heavier.

#7 ·
It should. I have a buddy that has the bigger battery for the Saw. I put the small battery on the saw and it worked. I think I put the 3AH batter on my compact, not positive about my memory. CRS disease.

#10 ·
It should. I have a buddy that has the bigger battery for the Saw. I put the small battery on the saw and it worked. I think I put the 3AH batter on my compact, not positive about my memory. CRS disease.

i know the smaller battery will work in the saw, i,ll be honest im happy with the blue ones! and there really light as it is. if i need compact i go to the angled impact.. i can fit into a 9" cab, predrill the face frame and screw 2.5" screws!

#9 ·
Features:
Makita built, 4-pole maximum torque motor delivers 450 in-lbs of efficient torque in a compact size.
More compact design at only 8" long and weighs only 3.5 lbs. for less operator fatigue.
Batteries charge 4X faster in only 15 minutes.
Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control.
Makita Lithium-Ion provides longer run time, 5x lower self-discharge (for use any time) &16 firm holding contact terminals (for constant high power).
15-minute Rapid Optimum Charger and battery communicates throughout the charging process using the built-in chip in the battery and built-in CPU chip in the charger. The Charger also uses "Active 3 Control" for current control, thermal control & voltage control.
15-minute Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery to produce more lifetime work.
Built-in LED light illuminates the work area.
Accepts all Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries.
3-year warranty on tool and 1-year warranty on battery.

#11 ·
This is smaller and works great inside of cabinets

#14 · (Edited)
Same thing happened today to my buddy, he has the 3 speed 18v li-on hammer drill and just today it wouldn't get into hammer mode...I know a couple people who have had problems with that model. The makita dealer even told us after rebuilding it twice that they weren't designed properly and that on speed 3 they will always give out. I have the 2 speed lighter duty one and i use it quite a bit no problems...but it takes a hell of a long time to hammer drill a 3/16 hole!

3 Speed : toolmonger.com/2008/02/20/makita-18v-li-ion-hammer-drilldriver-kit/
2 Speed : professional-power-tool-guide.com/2009/01/makita-lxt-drilldriver-review-bhp452/

#22 ·
Yup, that light is so stupid.

I love it. I just wish they could find a way for the light to not get blocked by the chuck when you get close. Other than that - perfection.

#24 · (Edited)
And only costs an arm and a leg And will drain $500 from your wallet. But only once. :thumbup:

Green fever is bad for you , huh??:whistling

#26 ·
And only costs an arm and a leg
If you add up what you have got in 2 or 3 drills to do the job, this one is cheaper and it comes in one small box.

Can you put a Jacobs style chuck on the end of your 90 degree Makita and drill holes with it?

Seriously, 500 bucks is not an arm and a leg.
It's like a couple of your little toes and maybe a testicle.

#30 ·
When I need a chucked right angle I use something like this. I don't have this POS, but I have one similar.

#33 ·
Mine was a Milwaulkee I believe. Couldn't find it though. I have never set foot into a Habor Freight.

#43 ·
You are missing out on the land of tarps, hand trucks and a smell that, well, smells like China.

I have unboxed a few things at home from Harbor Freight that smell SO bad, I can't keep them in the house. They off-gas some horrific smell of cheapness, rubber, and lead paint.

Anyone whose ever been to a HF knows what I mean. Don't lie. You've been to a HF I saw you there hiding behind the $4.99 grinders.:laughing:

#34 ·
This looks more like it, only mine came with the chuck included.

#36 ·
I petty much get away with one of these. It works in about 95% of the cases. Small and can get into some pretty tight places.

#41 ·
You'd think after replacing all those gears they might come up with a metal replacment for 3rd gear.

#44 ·
Hey, there's one closer to me than I had imagined. Still never been there. I like inexpensive, not cheap.

#46 ·
Yer poor because of that damned green fever you have

#48 ·
That's an easy problem to solve. Don't wear pants :shutup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.