More Paslode Problems

Old 02-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #1

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 75

More Paslode Problems

I have been checking the posts for Paslode issues but have not seen my problem. Paslodes website kinda sux when it comes to troubleshooting.

My 18 ga. brad nailer is giving me trouble. Went to use it for the first time in a month or so yesterday and after charging the battery and inserting it in the gun I got no green LED on the handle and no fan. Went out and slapped down $55.00 for a new battery and charged it overnight. Same thing, no LED and no fan. Checked the contacts for corrosion, none there. Checked the connections under the filter, all tight.

Any ideas????

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 02-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
New Guy

Trade: carpenter / joiner
Rewards Points: 10

Re: More Paslode Problems

[quote=Shoreline58;379877]I have been checking the posts for Paslode issues but have not seen my problem. Paslodes website kinda sux when it comes to troubleshooting.

My 18 ga. brad nailer is giving me trouble. Went to use it for the first time in a month or so yesterday and after charging the battery and inserting it in the gun I got no green LED on the handle and no fan. Went out and slapped down $55.00 for a new battery and charged it overnight. Same thing, no LED and no fan. Checked the contacts for corrosion, none there. Checked the connections under the filter, all tight.

Any ideas????[/qu

you will have to split the handle and and inspect the spark unit for signs of damage . Have you cleaned it lately, if you have, cleaning fluid can run back into the unit and damage it .If it is that over here in scotland that part would cost me 85 so for you it must be well over$120 . also if you have not dismantled your gun for cleaning but just checked the terminals by looking down the battery holder, these terminals can break and I have had to replace them twice on my gun.

Last edited by bonnie scotland; 02-19-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #3

Trade: Mason

is it an older gun with the real long battery ( like 9" long)? For some reason the contacts would bend, or compress in these after a while. on our old Trakfast guns that use the same battey, my guys started sticking washers or quarters under the bottom, like a shim, so they would push the battery tighter in the compartment and make contact

not an authorized repair, but kept our jobs going!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
Continuous Improvement

Trade: paslode tool repair technician

split the handle and look at the connectors on ESU (Electronic Spark Unit). Please keep me informed.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:40 AM   #5

Trade: carpentry, remodeling
Rewards Points: 25

Anybody know anything about the older Paslode cordless framing gun as far as shooting 2 nails at a time? Also, the gun seems to cycle and run longer after the nail is shot than it used to. Thanks guys.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
topsail's trimcat

Trade: finish Carpenter/ renovations
Rewards Points: 2,128

look up "LONEFRAMER" here and send him a personal message, hes a paslode junky, he can help you out
loneframer (03-26-2011)
Old 03-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
KemoSabe

Trade: residential framing/siding/general carpentry
Rewards Points: 2,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJTR View Post
Anybody know anything about the older Paslode cordless framing gun as far as shooting 2 nails at a time? Also, the gun seems to cycle and run longer after the nail is shot than it used to. Thanks guys.
Generally, if it's shooting 2 nails, it's more likely the nail strips than it is the gun. The paper collation is prone to failure if allowed to get wet or lays in the sun too long. It's better than it was years ago, on the Paslode brand that is. Some of the generic nails are pretty crappy.

There is the possibility that the nosepiece of the gun is loose, allowing the nails to advance too far. It could also be that the gun has excessive wear in the guide, also allowing the nails to advance too far.

Also, check the driver blade on the piston to make sure it's not bent and file any burrs off of it.

"Walking the fine line between production and perfection"

Old 03-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #8

Trade: carpentry, remodeling
Rewards Points: 25

thanks Loneframer on the advice with the paslode cordless nailer. I'll check all of that and try going just with the paslode fasteners.