Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Makita Batterys and rotary hammer

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  rojigga 
#1 ·
Just thought I would pass along. Was in Home Depot and they have a special on 2 of the makita 3 amp lithium batterys for $99.00. Good buy since they usually sell one for that.

But also I need 1" or 1 1/8" rotary hammer SDS plus.

Any suggestions on which to get the Bosch or Milwaukee
Milwaukee more of a L shape and $50.00 more

#2 ·
Are you going cordless and what power are you looking for? I just bought a Hitachi dh24pc3 after looking around and it was the most powerful and best value for money I found. Be aware that many of the sds plus drills are not recommended for regular chipping work so if you want to use it for chipping (for which they are bloody handy) then leave the Makita sds plus hammers alone as it is not intended for regular chiseling. The Hitachi drill I bought exceeded my expectations and I am a convert when it comes to their heavy drills. I have a Hitachi DH45 sds max hammer and it is every bit as good as others I have seen that cost twice the price so they are awesome value for money. My pick of either the Bosch or Milwaukee would be the Bosch as I have quite a few bosch drills and hammers and they have been great in the past. What model in particular are you looking at?

samthedog.

#4 ·
#9 ·
What size holes do you want to drill? I have sds plus for up to an inch diameter and over that I use sds max. Also, using an sds max hammer will blow holes through the other side of the wall. If you are after neat holes and plan on drilling right through the wall go sds plus. The extra bits don't cost that much for the convenience you gain. The same goes for chiseling applications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.