Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2018, 05:20 PM   #21
Pro
 
TimNJ's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeler
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,011
Rewards Points: 2,242

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
yes!


Like a '65 Mustang 6 cyl vs a '18 Shelby GT500.
__________________
Trump-The "Con Man's" Con Man.
TimNJ is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TimNJ For This Useful Post:
Peter_C (01-27-2018)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 01-27-2018, 06:05 PM   #22
Pro
 
avenge's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeling
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Not here
Posts: 2,490
Rewards Points: 2,610

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


It's been said before sticking to one platform isn't wise and can limit you. It's actually nice not being stuck on one platform. Makita is my preference I also have Hitachi that doesn't mean I'll limit myself to just those. I buy what I think is the most appropriate and best for what I use it for.

Sure there a couple brands I don't want at all at this time one brand might be the best all around today tomorrow that might change. I own what I think is the best radio, Bosch but I don't own a single Bosch cordless tool. There's a good chance I'll be adding a 3rd platform this year.
avenge is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to avenge For This Useful Post:
maxfederle89 (01-29-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 07:37 PM   #23
Pro
 
Peter_C's Avatar
 
Trade: Home Beautification
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,527
Rewards Points: 5,800

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNJ View Post
Like a '65 Mustang 6 cyl vs a '18 Shelby GT500.
Your example is far superior

If there is a brushless version available, don't bother buying the crap with brushes. MORE POWER, runs cooler, longer tool life, superior battery life, and the list goes on.
Peter_C is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter_C For This Useful Post:
Dirtywhiteboy (02-09-2018), maxfederle89 (01-29-2018), TimNJ (01-27-2018)
   
 
Old 01-27-2018, 08:18 PM   #24
Pro
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 896
Rewards Points: 173

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


an example
Makita cordless brushless 36V track saw has more power than the corded Makita track saw.
cedarboarder is online now  
Old 01-28-2018, 12:46 AM   #25
Pro
 
51carpenter's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpenter Contractor
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jefferson City Montana
Posts: 129
Rewards Points: 262

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Thanks for the info, Iíll start watching for one. I have two of the cordless that I got second hand, one was brand new. I rarely use them because they suck.

I did pick up two brushless impacts around Christmas from the depot clearance rack, theyíre the smaller ones, not black ones but they came with the 1.5 ah batteries.

Iíve got two of the brush impacts and two drills that have been going strong for two or three years.

Has anybody tried the double battery makitas? Iíd like a cordless rotohammer and Iím thinking two batteries on it would be better.

I got the brushless 1/2Ē impact last summer, comes in handy for decks and anchor bolts. If they werenít so pricy Iíd get another one for the shop.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Professional wood welder
51carpenter is offline  
Old 01-28-2018, 10:13 AM   #26
Pro
 
TimNJ's Avatar
 
Trade: Remodeler
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,011
Rewards Points: 2,242

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


The double battery Makita are the 36V or 18x2 line.

I have switched over to that for my miter saw, recip saw, and 7 1/4 saw.

No going back to cords now.

I don't have any batteries that are less than 3.0
__________________
Trump-The "Con Man's" Con Man.
TimNJ is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TimNJ For This Useful Post:
51carpenter (01-29-2018), Bull Trout (02-09-2018), Dirtywhiteboy (02-09-2018), maxfederle89 (01-29-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 11:53 AM   #27
Pro
 
Peter_C's Avatar
 
Trade: Home Beautification
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,527
Rewards Points: 5,800

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNJ View Post
I don't have any batteries that are less than 3.0
I have and absolutely love the Makita 2.0Ah battery packs. For an impact they make it far lighter, yet produce the same power. Since I have brushless impacts, they last a long time even on the smaller battery packs. Not having the weight hanging off my tool vest/belt or even just holding them is nice. I didn't buy a titanium hammer for it's looks. Actually though most of the time I use an M12 Fuel impact driver, unless I need more power or a more controllable drive action.

Plus the 2.0Ah battery packs are perfect for the Makita jackets. Mine have the fuel gauge which is nice too, as my jacket doesn't.
Peter_C is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter_C For This Useful Post:
maxfederle89 (01-29-2018)
Old 01-29-2018, 02:56 AM   #28
Pro
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 896
Rewards Points: 173

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNJ View Post
The double battery Makita are the 36V or 18x2 line.

I have switched over to that for my miter saw, recip saw, and 7 1/4 saw.

No going back to cords now.

I don't have any batteries that are less than 3.0
Also going cordless every chance I get, the 18v ricip I'm still getting used too, been using my Milwaukee corded for 12 years now. Gotta keep it for the big demo jobs. When it dies I'm hopping tools will be battery-less
cedarboarder is online now  
Old 01-29-2018, 03:12 AM   #29
Pro
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 896
Rewards Points: 173

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
The "Leader" in the tool manufacturing is ever changing. One year Red produces cool stuff, the next year it is Blue, then Yellow comes along with something innovative.

Right now Makita does have some very cool stuff coming out. Wireless dust collection triggering! How about battery powered dust collection. Lockouts on batteries for anti-theft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaVrDbkU_SQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTlqsvpM9ig
A thought why not use Bluetooth battery packs to connect the vac and tool. this way all the tools will work with the new Bluetooth vac.
from what I see in this article https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools...-system/34606/
all my tools won't work with this and require BT tools.
I just purchased a brand new grinder worth $180, that they just came out with, and it won't work on Bluetooth system

Last edited by cedarboarder; 01-29-2018 at 03:22 AM.
cedarboarder is online now  
Old 01-29-2018, 12:56 PM   #30
Pro
 
Peter_C's Avatar
 
Trade: Home Beautification
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,527
Rewards Points: 5,800

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
A thought why not use Bluetooth battery packs to connect the vac and tool. this way all the tools will work with the new Bluetooth vac.
from what I see in this article https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools...-system/34606/
all my tools won't work with this and require BT tools.
I just purchased a brand new grinder worth $180, that they just came out with, and it won't work on Bluetooth system
There are people complaining about how Festool is doing their new Bluetooth batteries, for tool triggering. You have to pair the battery after every charge and can only have one battery paired at a time. Festool also does not have a cordless vacuum.

Sucks when you buy a new item, then they come out with a new version, be it computers, phones, tools, TV's, camera's, etc.
Peter_C is offline  
Old 01-29-2018, 08:08 PM   #31
Pro
 
51carpenter's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpenter Contractor
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jefferson City Montana
Posts: 129
Rewards Points: 262

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_C View Post
There are people complaining about how Festool is doing their new Bluetooth batteries, for tool triggering. You have to pair the battery after every charge and can only have one battery paired at a time. Festool also does not have a cordless vacuum.



Sucks when you buy a new item, then they come out with a new version, be it computers, phones, tools, TV's, camera's, etc.


Thatís one thing about makita, theyíve had the same battery platform since 2005, Iím pretty sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Professional wood welder
51carpenter is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 51carpenter For This Useful Post:
Dirtywhiteboy (02-09-2018), maxfederle89 (01-29-2018), Peter_C (01-29-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 04:51 AM   #32
Registered User
 
Tommy2000's Avatar
 
Trade: NAICS 238
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 3
Rewards Points: 8

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
an example
Makita cordless brushless 36V track saw has more power than the corded Makita track saw.
I agree with you. Easy to install, use, maintain and move.
Tommy2000 is offline  
Old 02-09-2018, 12:14 AM   #33
Registered User
 
D-Construction's Avatar
 
Trade: General Contractor/Remodel
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Cali
Posts: 8
Rewards Points: 16

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
an example
Makita cordless brushless 36V track saw has more power than the corded Makita track saw.
Picked up the 36V not too long ago to replace the corded one I blew up a while back and was surprised to find it is more powerful. I really like it a lot!
D-Construction is offline  
Old 02-09-2018, 01:00 AM   #34
Pro
 
Dirtywhiteboy's Avatar
 
Trade: Home Framing- Roof Stacking
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu Oahu,Hawaii
Posts: 14,251
Rewards Points: 7,878

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNJ View Post
Bought my first Makita cordless in 1983-84.
The 9.6 stick drill.
Never run any other cordless since.
Man that was a long time ago and Makita was the only one in the battery game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51carpenter View Post
Thanks for the info, Iíll start watching for one. I have two of the cordless that I got second hand, one was brand new. I rarely use them because they suck.

I did pick up two brushless impacts around Christmas from the depot clearance rack, theyíre the smaller ones, not black ones but they came with the 1.5 ah batteries.

Iíve got two of the brush impacts and two drills that have been going strong for two or three years.

Has anybody tried the double battery makitas? Iíd like a cordless rotohammer and Iím thinking two batteries on it would be better.

I got the brushless 1/2Ē impact last summer, comes in handy for decks and anchor bolts. If they werenít so pricy Iíd get another one for the shop.
It sounds like you buy the low end models.. Get the high end models you'll be very happy.. the 18vXs2 are great.



I have 4 battery platforms but like the Makita the best..
__________________
I Have Done So Much With So Little For So Long, I Can Do Almost Anything With Nothing Now
Dirtywhiteboy is offline  
Old 02-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #35
Pro
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 896
Rewards Points: 173

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywhiteboy View Post
Man that was a long time ago and Makita was the only one in the battery game.

It sounds like you buy the low end models.. Get the high end models you'll be very happy.. the 18vXs2 are great.



I have 4 battery platforms but like the Makita the best..
I think you are right. makita also makes "budget tools" like my little circular saw with a junky plastic guard
cedarboarder is online now  
Old 02-09-2018, 02:08 PM   #36
Pro
 
Dirtywhiteboy's Avatar
 
Trade: Home Framing- Roof Stacking
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu Oahu,Hawaii
Posts: 14,251
Rewards Points: 7,878

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarboarder View Post
I think you are right. makita also makes "budget tools" like my little circular saw with a junky plastic guard
You say Plastic like it's a bad thing
Tool housing used to made of metal but now are all plastic. My car radiator is plastic Plastic is not what it was long ago. My plastic guard on my 18v Makita 6Ĺ" saw works fine.
My 18vXs2 Makita saw has a metal blade guard. Maybe get that one for the better guard
__________________
I Have Done So Much With So Little For So Long, I Can Do Almost Anything With Nothing Now
Dirtywhiteboy is offline  
Old 02-09-2018, 04:32 PM   #37
Pro
 
cedarboarder's Avatar
 
Trade: Workaholic
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BC Bring Cash
Posts: 896
Rewards Points: 173

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywhiteboy View Post
You say Plastic like it's a bad thing
Tool housing used to made of metal but now are all plastic. My car radiator is plastic Plastic is not what it was long ago. My plastic guard on my 18v Makita 6Ĺ" saw works fine.
My 18vXs2 Makita saw has a metal blade guard. Maybe get that one for the better guard
I would have to take a soldering iron to the plastic to see how good it is.
doubt the same as the Premo housing plastic.
that picture has some premo plastic.

Last edited by cedarboarder; 02-09-2018 at 04:35 PM.
cedarboarder is online now  
Old 02-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #38
Pro
 
Mordekyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,396
Rewards Points: 2,928

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Probably paid for with plastic as well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mordekyle is online now  
Old 02-09-2018, 05:21 PM   #39
I like Green things
 
WarnerConstInc.'s Avatar
 
Trade: Architectural Mill Work
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river. Auburn, IN
Posts: 21,760
Rewards Points: 3,264

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


Every knob or handle on a machine that is plastic, is always broken. Plastic has its place, I prefer real titties.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
Warner Mill Works
Facebook
YouTube
WarnerConstInc. is offline  
Old 02-09-2018, 09:29 PM   #40
Pro
 
51carpenter's Avatar
 
Trade: Carpenter Contractor
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jefferson City Montana
Posts: 129
Rewards Points: 262

Re: Makita 18v Cordless Line Up Empty Compared To Dewalt And Milwaukee


I have gotten half of my cordless line up from pawn shops, the depot clearance rack, and the rest from the lumber yard.

The only tool that Iím not impressed with is my cordless skilsaw, Iíll have to get the brushless.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

__________________
Professional wood welder
51carpenter is offline  


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?