Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Makita 10" +

5K views 42 replies 8 participants last post by  D-Construction 
#1 ·
#2 ·
DC excellent when taping off 2 lower ports. Made over 200 cuts of 1*6 ipe and had one 4-6oz of 10oz coffee cup swept up from table cup. The dust deputy was just shy of a 5/gal buckets wort. And most importantly I stated clean. Im running 36 mil hose, Fein with 153 cfm with just the pleated paper filter and dust deputy in to 5gal homer. I'll send anyone a vid because I the sure us nig uploading tonight. It Mike Cali decks can post I sent him various vids.
Also I find the lower dust boot is almost worthless. And overall it doesn't do any better for composite strings then any other saw. Although it appears that it might due to that massive pipe behind that stupid undersized boot on upper. I did order the kapex and Bosch dust boots to see if they can channel composite through. Other then that still git a Nasty wobble and using it like no bodies business until the other arrives.
Also looking into the 12" DeWalt flexvolt with cord/battery slider. It shows coming in at 56 lbs. Same as maki 10". Dims are coming in at 20*24"h*32. My Depot does not have on shelf. I gotta see this thing. And just got word that maki is coming out with 12" slider next month. Just like the 10".

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I do em midspan too if I'm pushing length limits. I might even put in 2 rows. Believe me it makes a difference. I don't however drag out a chop saw for this I spent enough time behind a worm drive that if I can see straight...I can cut straight.

I built a huge 900 sq ft deck at an old folks home with ramp before it opened...All cedar decking on a 45 boo koo seams. The inside Carpenters couldn't believe I didn't use the miter saw on any of them and they were amazed at how tight I fit them. By the time I got around some twist and turns I was losing the 45 anyway so it was scribe city. That'll be 20 years ago next year. My saw work is legendary or at least it was.

#21 ·
We don't use those. Joist hangers are bad enough, but I figured a way around those and they use to let it slide. I don't know if they will anymore. Your chit is different there for one thing we don't need those massive footings....they are about butt ugly...anyway to hide them?

#42 ·
I've been doing interior trim for the last two days... I love this saw.
It was great for the simple exterior trim we did a couple weeks back, but it really shines inside. The bevel adjustment is great (though I haven't had to use it very much, as I can squeak a 5-1/2" end cut on the saw), and after the saw is dialed in, miters are more bang on than my last Makita saw (LS1013).
The stock blade is great on MDF, but I will be switching it out on time for a full kerf blade.
I've had dust collection issues, but that's just due to my vacuum... I removed the bag because I got tired of emptying it, and now the filter clogs after a few dozen cuts. BUT, when the filter is clear, the extraction is top notch.
I love the detent table... You can lock in to as small as a quarter degree without straining your eyes (not that I'm cutting to that tolerance... But it IS possible).
I do wish the bevel scale was larger as well, but one could easily get it to within a half degree easily.
The saws got power for days...I'm impressed. This is a huge improvement for Makita.
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

#43 ·
I've been running the cordless version for a little while now and I really like it! Great saw. Dust collection is great, the slide action is very smooth and is just a nice saw. The only thing I don't like is that things tend to accumulate in the table and can make rotating for the miter a bit hard and unsmooth. Other than that it's a solid saw and is serving me well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.