Has Anyone Used PROBLAST Equipment.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #1

Trade: Automotive restoration
Rewards Points: 10

Has Anyone Used PROBLAST Equipment.

Hello. I'm new to the forum, so thanks for having me.

I have a small, part-time business restoring classic cars, and have decided to purchase soda/media blasting equipment. If possible, I may want to branch out to do other blasting (graffiti, mold, soot, etc), if there is a market for it. I have been looking at the PROBLAST CRS equipment, as it handles many different types of media. Does anyone here have any information on the company or their equipment?

There seems to be a lot of equipment out there, and I'm probably going to end up investing $8k-$12k in this venture, so I want to pick equipment that is versatile and reliable. Some people say that the multi-media equipment is not very good, and that you need to buy equipment specifically made for the media you are going to use.

Thank you for any thoughts that you can share.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 01-12-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Remodeling Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,010

Re: Has Anyone Used PROBLAST Equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeryst View Post

I have a small, part-time business restoring classic cars, and have decided to purchase soda/media blasting equipment. If possible, I may want to branch out to do other blasting (graffiti, mold, soot, etc), if there is a market for it. I have been looking at the PROBLAST CRS equipment, as it handles many different types of media. Does anyone here have any information on the company or their equipment?

There seems to be a lot of equipment out there, and I'm probably going to end up investing $8k-$12k in this venture, so I want to pick equipment that is versatile and reliable. Some people say that the multi-media equipment is not very good, and that you need to buy equipment specifically made for the media you are going to use.

E-mail me. Rich@perfectocorp.com

I just spent the last 6 weeks researching blasting equipment before i made a purchase. Problast was 1 of my choices.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:50 PM   #3

Trade: Baking soda blaster paint removal and restoration

Quote:

Heres the thing you can run sand blast equipment to blast every media known to man except when using softer media's like corn cob, soda and walnut shell. after blasting for 2,3 maybe 4 hours the hot heat in the compressor turns to hot moisture with out the proper air coolers and moister pots and or moister separators to remove these problems. Other wise your media will jam, cram or turn to almost like concrete in the parts at the bottom of blast pot, you'll be digging out with a screw driver for hours.

which blast pot is the best Schmidt, sandstorm re made by Soda Blaster MMLJ, or pro blast there are a few others and searched them all I ended up buying MMLJ for $34,500 COMPLETE turn key with trailer, coolers, compressor, the works! Very nice set up, I am happy with it except I wished this blog stuff was out more when I was looking at equip. You know its some ball busted work right? I had to learn most EVERY thing on my own after they saw my check cleared at the bank.

As long as you have these other parts so when you are media blasting with soda it shouldn't have to many problems maintence is key making sure everything is in good working order berfore getting to job sites.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
Pro

Rewards Points: 500

Screeeeeeeeew. that do not buy into one of these franchises. If you decide to buy a soda company. no.1 live in a packer or meat town, no. two get ready to have foul smells come from every poor of your body. no.3 you have to fight the ice blasters.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
Pro

Rewards Points: 500

no.4 there is no hope in stating a soda blasting company with the current down turn in the economy. I own a soda blasting company. I am one of the few people that own a six cubic foot pot, that is a Schmidt 6.5 cubic yard pot for soda. That means with the valve on this pot I can run 14 hours with no refill. I also have ADS 400 air dryers. This set up cost with the buildings 750,000. THE cycle will come up when you can make a profit. now is not the time. There are only a few of these pot ever built. they do have the big hoses so they are capable of 250 cfm
Old 01-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #6

Trade: Surface Preperation

I have been using Problast equipment since 2004 and it is by far the best out there. Other than very basic maintenance it pretty much just runs. I primarily run starblast media, but I also do some soda and crushed glass blasting. I have run walnut shells, sand, and potassium. The best part is that the pot empty is only 60 lbs so you can easily move it around if necessary for a mobile operation.

I am in the process of scaling back my operation a bit and have 2 used pots for sale plus a compressor and accessories. I can provide complete training if needed.

If you are interested please contact me via email at russ at
socleanblasting.com or phone at 631.467.6968.

Thank you,
Russ Eisenberg
SoClean Blasting Services, Inc.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #7

Unhappy

4 USE "BAKING SODA BLASTER"
turn key set up 210 SULLIVAN comp, 2 coolers, moisture pot set up 200 ft of hose 3 very different nozzle wet and dry. Possibly moving to San Diego, I want to set up out there with a old rusted sand blast pot, coolers, moister pot and some nifty filters. The compressor will be a good runner but look like it has been to war and back... Pulled by Fred G Sanford pick um up truck call me soda busted..... Lol
Old 02-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #8
new path

Trade: SandBlast & Powdercoat onsite
Rewards Points: 75

so clean,
shoot me some prices on your used equipment. we are looking to expand.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #9

I think to blog is a great thing

The more a service as ours keeps this up, we gain spots on line for business keep on truck'en!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #10

Were not selling, but thanks for asking. Try giving Benny a CALL @ MMLJ in Huston TX, we referred him again!

Last edited by Soda Buster; 02-09-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: WORDING
Old 02-10-2009, 03:10 AM   #11
powder coating mogul

Trade: media blasting/powder coating

Thanks to this forum , I decided on a problast setup . Their site inspires a lot of confidence , b.t.w. Pretty neat.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
Pro

Trade: Graffiti abatement

Hey, DeadJed and other ProBlast users, how's it working out? I just discovered their site today. Sent an inquiry to see if there are any distributors in my state, but haven't gotten an answer yet.
There's one guy in Maine listed on their Owners page, and he's about 1 hours from me. There should be room enough for both of us, right?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #13
powder coating mogul

Well,

I am waiting on some loan money to come through in the next few days or so for the blasting pot , goosenecks, etc .

What I have amassed so far :

2008 Ford F-450

XIOM 5000 System - The one off ebay that was linked on this site !!!

Sullair 250

What I'm getting ready to purchase in the next few days, weeks . :

30X 8.5 enclosed gooseneck trailer , which will be fully wrapped in 2000 d.p.i. graphics .

CRS Problast Pot

Blast suit , helmet , etc .

And a bunch of other things....hehe

I just completed a bid for a large , upscale , apartment complex , which would possibly keep me busy this entire summer , redoing all of their railing s , steps . I will be posting a bunch of pics in the next few days , and will let everyone know how everything works . Good luck everyone !
Prodigal Son Coating : A Full service powder coating company featuring mobile media blasting , mobile powder coating , along with a 2700 square foot powder coating and media blasting facility located right off I-70 / Oak Grove , MO exit .
prodigalsoncoating.com
Old 04-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #14
powder coating mogul

Well , the xiom system came a few weeks ago . I haven't fired it up yet , but , I am excited to! I also got the trailer ordered last night . - 30X8.5 enclosed v nose trailer w quite a few upgrades . I am mounting my sullair 250 lengthwise towards the front of the trailer , b.t.w. I will post pics here in a few weeks when I pick the thing up! I almost there.... Next on my list is the problast pot , which I will hopefully be ordering in the next few days .

-Blake
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone used PROBLAST equipment.-dsc02707.jpg   Has anyone used PROBLAST equipment.-dsc02715.jpg  
Prodigal Son Coating : A Full service powder coating company featuring mobile media blasting , mobile powder coating , along with a 2700 square foot powder coating and media blasting facility located right off I-70 / Oak Grove , MO exit .
prodigalsoncoating.com
Old 05-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #15

Trade: Coatings Removal

I have two "NEW" ProBlast units available for sale. If anyone on this thread is interested drop me an email surfaceprep@sympaticol.ca

Thanks,

Kirk Hill
Old 05-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #16
powder coating mogul

I posted in your thread a few days ago.. Haven't heard anything back , as of today .

blake
prodigalsoncoating.com
Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #17

Trade: Blast The Past Custom Media Blasting

Quote:

Did you ever get a blaster pot. Just checking because we have a 1 1/2 year old problast unit for sale. Yes they are the best.Take care !
Old 12-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #18

Trade: Auto

Got a manual? I bought a used one but no user manual came with it.