Good Sawzall

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #41
Pro
 
galla35's Avatar
 
Trade: Framer
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 440

Re: Good Sawzall


Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
read post above ya's...next time i will, or i'll just run it through the table saw and loop the thing off and cinge the end shut so i can get back after it....nothing i hate worse than phocking whiners on my jobsite, so this killed me to leave for the hospital...but it just would'nt stop bleeding when i tried to keep working, luckily it was a freinds house that got ruined in the huge floods so eveerything was getting gutted/redone because i left a huge trail of blood like a gut shot on an animal all the way to the outside...right through my shirt i wrapped it in, and the old stand by rags wrapped with electrical tape just soaked through quickly making more of a mess where ever i was at than what it was worth...i tried for half an hour before i gave up and decided i should get it looked at i've since added superglue to all the first aid kits in the trucks...just in case some chit like this happens ever again because i will not go back to a worthless hospital and the pre-madonna doctors.

it wasnt there when i posted my bad

Im like you I refuse to go to unless i cant fix it at home i even have a suture kit i keep handy to avoid going, you need too add one to your kit!
galla35 is offline  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   
 

Old 01-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #42
Pro
 
IHI's Avatar
 
Trade: General construction and remodeling
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Waterloo, IA.
Posts: 2,390

Re: Good Sawzall


Quote:
Originally Posted by galla35 View Post
it wasnt there when i posted my bad

Im like you I refuse to go to unless i cant fix it at home i even have a suture kit i keep handy to avoid going, you need too add one to your kit!
I'm DEATHLY afraid of needles...i turn into a 4yr old girl when i see that lil bastage get turned my way Had framer/sheeters/pins/staples go through apendages and that does'nt bother me a bit...the anticipation of getting stuck...mentally i cant handle it...go figure. I had my back lock up when i wasbent over in a 90* angle...guys took me to doc, doc said hit the ER, they carried me back to the room and soon as doc said he's going to give me a shot of muscle relaxer and pain reducer...i smiled and told the guys, let's go, i'll figure this out but i aint getting no shot...they gave me a pill instead.

Hence my obsession with super glue and taping technques
IHI is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 02:15 AM   #43
Member
 
wheeler's Avatar
 
Trade: design / build defense contractor
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hamden, CT
Posts: 90

Re: Good Sawzall


Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Sawzall just died, whats a good HD brand currently?
Last Tiger Saw lasted 15 yrs, was thinking Makita or Milwaukee.
Thanks.
hilti. one of the last places where more is more.
wheeler is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #44
Pro
 
galla35's Avatar
 
Trade: Framer
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 440

Re: Good Sawzall


Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
I'm DEATHLY afraid of needles...i turn into a 4yr old girl when i see that lil bastage get turned my way Had framer/sheeters/pins/staples go through apendages and that does'nt bother me a bit...the anticipation of getting stuck...mentally i cant handle it...go figure. I had my back lock up when i wasbent over in a 90* angle...guys took me to doc, doc said hit the ER, they carried me back to the room and soon as doc said he's going to give me a shot of muscle relaxer and pain reducer...i smiled and told the guys, let's go, i'll figure this out but i aint getting no shot...they gave me a pill instead.

Hence my obsession with super glue and taping technques

I hate needles i had to have a spot tested on my lip for cancer and the broad held out a 6" needle and i said "im good on the test" she wanted to know why so i had to tell her flat out "you were holding a pen and your hand was shaking and you wanna come near my lip with that thing" she didnt quite understand
galla35 is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #45
topsail's trimcat
 
woodworkbykirk's Avatar
 
Trade: finish Carpenter/ renovations
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ns, canada
Posts: 4,858

Re: Good Sawzall


the pic of the skin kinda folded back showing the tissue is what got to me... ive done some damage to myself which didnt really bother me. whats weirder is i have a brother who is a orthopedic associate (he sells replacement knees, hips, ankles, spinal halos) hes required to be right in the surgery opening the packages for the components for the surgeon. part of his job knowledge requires him to watch videos of the type of opertions he's going to be in, he shows me these videos, somehow the vids of legs being sliced open and the femur being drilled out to recieve a new knee joint doesnt bother me but your sliced up finger did
__________________
putting down subfloor with glue and screws, well i saw dr. smith and the robot too , i had a martian burger and a sonic shake
woodworkbykirk is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #46
Working
 
Cole82's Avatar
 
Trade: GC
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 4,033
Send a message via AIM to Cole82

Re: Good Sawzall


Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkbykirk View Post
the pic of the skin kinda folded back showing the tissue is what got to me... ive done some damage to myself which didnt really bother me. whats weirder is i have a brother who is a orthopedic associate (he sells replacement knees, hips, ankles, spinal halos) hes required to be right in the surgery opening the packages for the components for the surgeon. part of his job knowledge requires him to watch videos of the type of opertions he's going to be in, he shows me these videos, somehow the vids of legs being sliced open and the femur being drilled out to recieve a new knee joint doesnt bother me but your sliced up finger did
Here is mine
__________________
Cole's Custom Creations
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

The boss of awesome
Cole82 is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #47
Pro
 
IHI's Avatar
 
Trade: General construction and remodeling
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Waterloo, IA.
Posts: 2,390

Re: Good Sawzall


Was that done with a piddly makita and a bi metal blade??? I use those to peel apples and eat the chunks off the blade at break time
IHI is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #48
Working
 
Cole82's Avatar
 
Trade: GC
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 4,033
Send a message via AIM to Cole82

Re: Good Sawzall


LOL IHI no it's another lame story injury. A chevy hub cap tried to remove my fingure.
__________________
Cole's Custom Creations
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

The boss of awesome
Cole82 is offline  
Old 01-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #49
Pro
 
IHI's Avatar
 
Trade: General construction and remodeling
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Waterloo, IA.
Posts: 2,390

Re: Good Sawzall


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole82 View Post
LOL IHI no it's another lame story injury. A chevy hub cap tried to remove my fingure.
Reason #9,867 not to own a chevy
IHI is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #50
Pro
 
galla35's Avatar
 
Trade: Framer
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 440

Re: Good Sawzall


Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
Reason #9,867 not to own a chevy

haha only little boys wear bowties

galla35 is offline  


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solving the Housing Crisis, this is lengthy but good reading PMI General Discussion 11 03-17-2011 02:50 PM
i need help finding some good slogan and catchy words. saeed Marketing & Sales 14 11-03-2008 07:24 PM
Is that marketing tool a good idea or a cheap one? WaltG Marketing & Sales 5 03-20-2007 09:15 PM
Good Workers denick Excavation & Site Work 12 03-05-2006 09:40 PM

Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?