Dewalt TStak Storage System

Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #1

Trade: Commercial Carpenter
Rewards Points: 75

Dewalt TStak Storage System

I just bought myself 6 of the new Dewalt TStak boxes. One arrived today. I got one of each style and doubled up on the double drawer unit and the box with the additional storage compartment on top. The rest of the five boxes are supposed to arrive tomorrow so I will take pictures if anyone has been looking at them

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 382

Re: Dewalt TStak Storage System

I saw am article a few months back and was interested in them. The festool systainers and sortainers are out of my price range and with these at a much lower price point, these may be just the way to go.

Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #3

I ordered mine from acme tool. They are on sale right now. Got all 6 for around $215. From the one I received today I would not be worried about build quality.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
topsail's trimcat

Trade: finish Carpenter/ renovations
Rewards Points: 2,214

i was at the dewalt repair shop today.. they had the full dewalt tough box setup in the cart.. fully loaded they want $400.. about 30% more than what they are at hd when in stock.. the cart alone was $200
Old 12-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
Always Learning

Trade: Builder/Remodeler
Rewards Points: 3,800

We just ordered two xl tough system boxes and one small. They lock together like the tstak but are not compatible. The tstak look nice but seem more like small tool, parts, and fastener organizers. We bought ours from factory authorized retailer online and paid $50 each with free shipping. The cart doesn't appeal to me...yet.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Carpentry Contractor
Rewards Points: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by overanalyze View Post
We just ordered two xl tough system boxes and one small. They lock together like the tstak but are not compatible. The tstak look nice but seem more like small tool, parts, and fastener organizers. We bought ours from factory authorized retailer online and paid $50 each with free shipping. The cart doesn't appeal to me...yet.
One of my suppliers, ProBuild, is running a special on them. Best prices I've seen for them.

Small 39.99
large 44.99
x larger 49.99

All 3 with the rack/cart $ 269

I bought the setup and the cart is nice, but too expensive on it's own.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood

One of my suppliers, ProBuild, is running a special on them. Best prices I've seen for them.

Small 39.99
large 44.99
x larger 49.99

All 3 with the rack/cart $ 269

I bought the setup and the cart is nice, but too expensive on it's own.
Nice! That is good pricing! I am going to setup my xl as my main tool box. I hate bucket organizer's because they fall over and get soaked if it rains, and a tool bag organizer won't fit my tool belt. I will post pics once I have it setup. What are you using your setup for?
Old 12-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #8
Pro

Trade: Carpentry Contractor
Rewards Points: 260

Quote:
Nice! That is good pricing! I am going to setup my xl as my main tool box. I hate bucket organizer's because they fall over and get soaked if it rains, and a tool bag organizer won't fit my tool belt. I will post pics once I have it setup. What are you using your setup for?
I have way too many tools, so I'm hoping to store all the loose ones in the boxes. I actually have 6 boxes now.

More and more of my work is up in the mountains where I live. I have a nice tool trailer, but it's not too practical taking it to some of my jobs. That means more tools in the bed of my truck. I was looking for something waterproof. Well, we had 11" of rain in the last week and no water.

I just need some dry weather to organize things.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #9

Here are some pictures of the TStak I. This box is used as the top of the stack because of the large handle and cannot be stacked on top of.
Attached Thumbnails
Dewalt TStak Storage System-photo.jpg   Dewalt TStak Storage System-photo-1-.jpg   Dewalt TStak Storage System-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #10

This is the TStak II. It is the most basic box available. I think I will use it for my Porter Cable 3/4 horse router and bits. I ordered a sheet of the Fastcap Kaizen Foam to use in these boxes. Basically an impulse buy so I'm just figuring out what I want to use them for as I go.
Attached Thumbnails
Dewalt TStak Storage System-photo-3-.jpg   Dewalt TStak Storage System-photo-4-.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #11
Repair & Renovation

Trade: R. Damato Construction
Rewards Points: 2,532

Not to rain on your parade but they kind of look dinky compared to the tough boxes. Atleast that one with the handle.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #12

TStak III. Will probably be used for fasteners for cabinet installs.
Attached Thumbnails
Dewalt TStak Storage System-photo-5-.jpg   Dewalt TStak Storage System-photo-6-.jpg   Dewalt TStak Storage System-photo-7-.jpg   Dewalt TStak Storage System-photo-8-.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #13
Repair & Renovation

That second group of pics make them look alittle better. Im interested.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #14

Just a picture of the units I have stacked. I also have two of the TStak IV on the way. Can upload pictures of those when I get them.
Attached Thumbnails
Dewalt TStak Storage System-photo-9-.jpg  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
Repair & Renovation

Quote:

I use a large for my main hand tool box.

I also use a small for a drill/driver set. And another small for odds and ends.

And a xl for my secondary less used hands tools.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #16

They definitely are smaller than the tough box system. I will be storing them in my gang box at work so I did not want something as big as the tough box. The TStak I is large enough to hold my dewalt drill and impact and the storage on top is perfect for bits and whatnot. The one with the handle on top is actually about the same size inside as the TStak II believe it or not.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #17
Repair & Renovation

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood View Post

I have way too many tools, so I'm hoping to store all the loose ones in the boxes. I actually have 6 boxes now.

More and more of my work is up in the mountains where I live. I have a nice tool trailer, but it's not too practical taking it to some of my jobs. That means more tools in the bed of my truck. I was looking for something waterproof. Well, we had 11" of rain in the last week and no water.

I just need some dry weather to organize things.

I bought the tough boxes for that exact reason, so i could throw them in the bed of the truck and not worry about rain.

I left them in my truck during a snow storm while i was on a job. When i opened them up not a drop of anything.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #18
Repair & Renovation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLCcarpenter View Post
They definitely are smaller than the tough box system. I will be storing them in my gang box at work so I did not want something as big as the tough box. The TStak I is large enough to hold my dewalt drill and impact and the storage on top is perfect for bits and whatnot.
I would love to see pics of the boxes outfitted with tools
Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #19

I'm waiting on the Kaizen Foam to get here before I put any tools in them. I think it's supposed to get here on Thursday so as soon as I get them outfitted I'll post more pictures. As well as the pictures of the two drawer unit when those arrive. Just to give you a better idea on the size of the boxes, the table they are on is 2' by 4'.
The Following User Says Thank You to MLCcarpenter For This Useful Post:
Rich D. (01-01-2013)
Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #20
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D.

I use a large for my main hand tool box.

I also use a small for a drill/driver set. And another small for odds and ends.

And a xl for my secondary less used hands tools.
I was going to do a large, but went with the xl in hopes my fat lip oxys will fit as well.

Advertisement