Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

18 volt Dewalt

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  boman47k 
#1 ·
Came across an 18 volt Dewalt combo set today and a new looking 18 volt Dewalt sawsall. The combo had obviously been used and was i circular saw, 1 sawsall, one flex neck light (I like that light), 1 hammer drill, a charger and case. A lady had them at her yard sale. I first passed then up because at least one of the batteries were thought to be bad.

When I got home, I decided to take my battery back over there and try the tools. They all worked except the light. I bought them for $90.

Got the light working. I offered to let my son have the new like sawsall, but he said he rather have the older one with the kit. I gave $45 for the kit so I told him, if he wanted to give my money back, he could take the kite. He only had $30 on him. I told him to keep it. He would not do that. So I told him just to call if even. Nope.

Now that I think about it, there was another drill in the mix, so I came out with a new looking 18 volt sawsall with charger and case and an 18 volt drill for $45. He got a 4 piece for $45.

I gave a $75 for the drill ,2 bat's, charger and case I already had and was happy with it. I think I came out okay.

P.S. I hadn't even attempted to place the kit in its case at this time. He and I fumbled with it a little trying to it all in so the case could be closed when noticed a diagram on the inside of the case showing the placement of the tools. We got a good chuckle out of that.

I also chuckled to myself when he was on the phone to his wife telling her about buying the kit from me and about the hammer drill he "needed to fix the concrete near the back door going out to the deck" he just built. Yep, the apple does not fall far from the tree. He stood his ground! :laughing::shutup:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.