Stucco Into Windows/doors - Construction - Contractor Talk

Stucco Into Windows/doors

Old 02-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 165

Stucco Into Windows/doors

So I have a project where I will be stripping a house of stucco and installing new do to the fact of construction default. So the detail is where the stucco returns with corneraid and dies into the aluminum jambs of the windows and doors. Due to the vibration there is cracking on the returns. The stucco will not be painted. I was thinking milcore would solve this, but the stucco contractor said it will still crack there. So the question is....what’s the best way to keep vibration transfer from doors to stucco? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #2
General Contractor

Trade: New Home Construction-Additions-Remodeling
Rewards Points: 7,516

Re: Stucco Into Windows/doors

You have to provide typical separation where stucco/plaster abuts dissimilar materials such as openings and all fenestration products and the juncture shall be sealed with the sealant.

What to use and what the separation should be, you have to follow manufacturer guidelines for your region.

I think CA also has a specification in the codebook, look for Exterior wall coverings or check with a local supplier where you be buying your materials they will tell you the typical installation practice.

Advertisement

Sir Mixalot (02-16-2018), tkrrox (02-16-2018)