Fema

Old 10-14-2017, 10:46 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: Engineer/GC
Rewards Points: 304

Fema

Has anyone out here done jobs that involved getting paid from FEMA or understand the process of how they and the insurance companies pay out? I have alot of experience with insurance companies storm damage claims but none with FEMA involved in these disaster areas (ie: hurricane, tornado, fire). I'm guessing FEMA steps in when insurance won't cover the claim (ie: floods in Houston). I heard from an insurance adjuster it can take a while to get paid. I'm thinking it may be easier to go after insurance only work that has been totaled and a check issued to the owner.

For these reasons I'm thinking FL vs TX flood Houston hurricane may have better easier opportunities? Builder vs flood damage. Hmmm! ???

Last edited by TLP; 10-14-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2017, 06:16 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: GC
Location: Unfortunately I live in the communist republic of NJ.
Rewards Points: 16

Re: Fema

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLP View Post
Has anyone out here done jobs that involved getting paid from FEMA or understand the process of how they and the insurance companies pay out? I have alot of experience with insurance companies storm damage claims but none with FEMA involved in these disaster areas (ie: hurricane, tornado, fire). I'm guessing FEMA steps in when insurance won't cover the claim (ie: floods in Houston). I heard from an insurance adjuster it can take a while to get paid. I'm thinking it may be easier to go after insurance only work that has been totaled and a check issued to the owner.

For these reasons I'm thinking FL vs TX flood Houston hurricane may have better easier opportunities? Builder vs flood damage. Hmmm! ???
I'm thinking being a storm chaser must really suck! You are correct FEMA takes forever to pay in most cases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2017, 07:11 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Remodeler
Rewards Points: 1,612

Re: Fema

If I was going to get involved with FEMA or some other Fed program like that I would go to my local Congressman's office and ask them for advice and reliable contact info for the whatever agency it happens to be.

That's what they are there for. Make them earn their vote.
concretemasonry (10-17-2017)