Paradigm Windows Anybody Use Them

Old 02-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #1

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 10

Paradigm Windows Anybody Use Them

Does anybody have any experience or thoughts on quality.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
The Duke

Trade: Cabinet Maker
Rewards Points: 2,036

Re: Paradigm Windows Anybody Use Them

It's a vinyl window. It's about the same as every other vinyl window, which is a low to so so quality window. I take it you're here in the northeast. Lot of people put them in. Harvey is about the same. And don't forget the Pella you asked about in the previous post.

Sorry that you didn't like my first answer.

Advertisement

SalmonFallsCabinetry.com

Salmon Falls Cabinetry on Facebook
Old 02-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: sales
Rewards Points: 500

I would install cardboard in an opening before i even thought about using a Pella vinyl window.they are at the bottom of the food chain in quality,same goes for andersen vinyl(silverline).
there are some higher end vinyl windows that have much better thermal performance than any wood window available.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: Exteriors as a whole
Rewards Points: 512
Send a message via AIM to buddy110

Quote:
Originally Posted by welterweight View Post
there are some higher end vinyl windows that have much better thermal performance than any wood window available.

Yes there are, but I always wonder about the longevvity of any vinyl window.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
Pro

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by framerman View Post
It's a vinyl window. It's about the same as every other vinyl window, which is a low to so so quality window. I take it you're here in the northeast. Lot of people put them in. Harvey is about the same. And don't forget the Pella you asked about in the previous post.

Sorry that you didn't like my first answer.
A little info on yourself would be appreciated. It would also help us to help you.

Yes I have installed Paradigm's, and silverlines, and ViWinco and I have an opinion on them.
When you rob Peter to pay Paul, chances are pretty good you will receive Paul's vote. Apparently the object of the game is to create more Pauls than Peters....What happens when the Peters can no longer support the Pauls? .
Old 02-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Yes there are, but I always wonder about the longevvity of any vinyl window.
you sound like someone that just bought a one way ticket to fiberglassville. lol
Old 05-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #7

Trade: home improvement
Rewards Points: 10

I have been replacing windows for years and have tried many. I thought Harvey vinyl classics were the best until I tried the Paradigm premium double hung vinyl window, they are now my number one go to window, they blow Harveys away. Paradigms are packed better, are cleaner (not covered with vinyl dust), install easyer, operate much smoother, have noticeable better U values(no drafts).The premium DH comes with the Low E/argon included in the price and are energy star rated.A few dollars more than Harvey but well worth it. All of the other brands like Andersen renew, pella,Marvin, Newpro, Home depot American craftsman, to many more to list are either way over priced and or crap. Some unhappy home owners have already replaced some of these lower quality windows only a few years old with Paradigms.So I highly recommend Paradigm.AS allways windows have to be installed correctly to perform well. BB
Old 05-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #8

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 25

I have used them on a few different projects. While I am generally not a fan of vinyl windows, among those types of windows I think Paradigm are definitely better than average.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #9
Pro

install a pella wood window or an andersen wood window and then install an okna, gorell, or softlite premium vinyl window in an opening next to it. i bet on a really cold day the higher end vinyl will be warmer than the pella or andersen. most vinyl windows are garbage with the exception of a few very high end brands as i mentioned. harvey is junk in my book.

Advertisement